Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Reporting to the Manager of Materials Development, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining firmware and software in embedded systems to support the roll cover industry and to provide technical support for the users of this equipment.
Required Experience and Capabilities:
- Embedded firmware design using the C programming language
- Design and implement reuseable drivers as required – DMA, ADC, SPI, UART, I2C, interrupt controllers, timers, etc. based on part datasheets
- Bootloader design and implementation
- Build configuration and scripts
- Collaborating with stakeholders to determine requirements for new products
- Experience creating system architectures with a focus on firmware
- Design and implement device-to-device and device-to-host communication protocols
- Read detailed electronic schematics and interperet component datasheets
- Work independently on firmware designs to carry projects from creation to product deployment
- Conduct testing, debugging, and troubleshooting of embedded systems using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and PCB modifications
- Comfortable with using Git
- Provide technical support to global users for newly-developed and existing products
- Remain current with state-of-the-art industry techniques, procedures, policies and equipment
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the Manager of Materials Development and Manager of Engineered Products
Additional Desired Experience and Capabilities:
- Experience in Altium Designer
- Knowledge of electronic circuit design and practices
- Familiarity with Microchip PIC device families
- Experience with BLE
- Experience with the C# programming language
- Soldering skills
- Modeling enclosure modifications
- Familiarity with 3D printing
- Experience in the VB.net programming language
- Familiarity with paper production processes
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This position requires a minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline including software and electronics . Minimum of 3 years industry experience involving embedded systems. Knowledge of computers and skilled in the use of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point. Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Requires up to 20% travel to plant sites, customer sites, and vendors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.