Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
At GE Aviation we invent the future of flight, lift people up and drive them home safely. At Software Engineering team you will be able to perform testing on critical embedded software which controls an airplane’s engine by following the Aviation Agencies regulations and testing techniques.
Roles and Responsibilities
As an Embedded Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, execution, analysis, and documentation of White Box and Black Box Testing. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure the quality of software products by creating and applying software quality tests to a feature, set of features, or whole feature area.
- Analyze code and requirements to validate it’s functionality and
- Apply Aviation Agencies testing guidelines to ensure the aircraft’s airworthiness.
- Work closely with Developers and Verification Leaders to jointly deliver high quality products and solutions across worldwide businesses.
- Resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent.
- Challenge the actual testing processes by applying simplification projects that improve and upgrade testing harnesses.
- Work together with colleagues from the business unit to get/give guidance, cooperate with activities’ planning and giving explanations on technical issues to developers.
- Communicate with direct team and supervisor and present to internal teams on metrics, project status and research.
- Document technical data generated to substantiate the assigned components, and systems consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Participate as a presenter in technical findings. Demonstrating solid preparation, effective communication and open for feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems Engineering, Software, Electronics, Mechatronics or related.
- At least 1 year of experience in related job/field.
- Good programming skills in ANSI C/C++
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish. Must be able to understand most of a simple conversation, ask simple questions, and communicate simple ideas in English.
- Presentation Skills: ability to communicate across functions.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Programming experience in C#, Web development, Perl/Python, Java.
- Experience interpreting UML Software design standards
- Familiar with CAD Software Programming such as SCADE, Matlab/Simulink.
- Familiarity with configuration management principles and tools such as IBM DOORS, Change & Synergy.
- Familiarity with Project Management principles.
- Self-driven, with proven analytical and organizational abilities.
- Eager to learn and be taught.
GE Aviation, an operating unit of GE, is a leading provider of jet and turboprop engines, components and integrated systems for commercial, military, business and general aviation aircraft and has a global service network to support these offerings.
At GE Aviation, we are bringing together best-in-class analytics and deep domain expertise to help our customers solve their toughest challenges.
In Software Team we are proud of our Engineers, their innovation ideas, their great commitment maintaining constant communication with worldwide clients and project stakeholders. Software Team is a young and skilled team full of talent and world class engineers, we are waiting for you to be part of it too!
Relocation Assistance Provided: No