Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
About this opportunity
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team.
Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Ericsson Digital Services helps service providers prosper in the digital economy. From enhancing the way service providers engage with their customers to automating operations, we're helping service providers reach new levels of programmability, access and agility – levels that digital natives call home. We provide solutions consisting of software and services in the areas of Digital Business Support Systems (BSS), Operational Support Systems (OSS), Cloud Communication, Cloud Core, and Cloud Infrastructure. The portfolio is focused on 5G-ready, cloud-native, automated and industrialized solutions to secure a smooth digitalization journey towards 5G.
We are now looking for a talented Software developer to work with one of Ericsson's industry-leading products that is a part of 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G Core networks. We are constantly adding new functionalities to support both existing and future generation networks.
What you will do
- You will mainly be working with the platform in a product called SGSN-MME.
- The product is a central (key) node in the packet core network, providing mobile internet to users all over the world.
- The platform is GNU/Linux-based and is built up using the Yocto project.
To expand our organization’s capacity, we are looking for ambitious, creative and inspiring individuals to join us. We provide a fun and challenging environment where you can grow and help to inspire your colleagues to further growth.
- Be working with high-performance OS platform development, writing own components, adaptations and integrating open source and 3PP
- Work with embedded system development in an environment that handles huge amounts of data, multi-threaded/multi-process troubleshooting
Join us if you like to come up with new ways to automate repetitive tasks so that you can focus on the more stimulating work instead. Like you, we believe software is more than just a job! Furthermore, we believe you are results-oriented, curious and creative.
We stand at the forefront of Agile software development, using methods like Lean and Scrum to create a product that excels. Our teams are cross-functional, self-organizing, international and highly independent. This requires maturity and a ‘team first’ approach, which may not be right for everyone, but which we believe is the best way to create great software.
We are constantly improving our ways of working. We are not perfect and not afraid to say so. We are on a journey, and we know we have many problems to tackle, and we need to learn new things on the way!
You will bring
- Bechelor, M.Sc. or Ph.D. level in Computer Science or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Linux in large embedded systems, IP protocols and a passion to learn and develop new skills
- Experience with developing large embedded systems or system administrator with experience in upgrading and troubleshooting Linux userland and kernel space e.g. CPU and memory optimization, security handling
- Confidence working with Linux purpose-build systems e.g. Yocto or similar
- Experience working with Virtual nodes e.g. KVM, VMware
- Programming skills in C, Python and Shell
- Familiarity with tools such as GIT & Gerrit
- Talent and passion for software development, problem-solving and computer systems. You love to discuss SW and are comfortable about sharing this knowledge
- Important to be a team player bringing positive atmosphere and not afraid to speak up and share ideas
Do you recognize yourself and want to join a great team? Please send us your application!
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.