Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
We are seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer for Garmin Aviation's TeamX to support the development of our next-generation aviation products and applications in our Chanhassen, MN office. In this role, you will assist in furthering our mission of bringing disruptive technology to the Experimental/Amateur-Built, Light-Sport, Part 23, and consumer aviation markets through supporting the successful conception, development, and/or application of sophisticated avionics systems and applications that shape the future of aviation technology – improving performance, safety, and accessibility.
- Designs and develops safety-enhancing features in C, C++, or other selected languages to define the next generation of aviation products
- Identifies, documents, and coordinates technical aspects for the development of new interfaces/functionality or changes to existing system functionality to support revolutionary technologies as well as market-driven requirements
- Serves as a lead software engineer for complex software projects with the ability to decompose functional requirements into well-defined tasks
- Researches fundamental problems and implements features or algorithms to improve products
- Balances quality, quantity, and complexity in work output
- Offers peer technical assessments in areas of expertise, new technologies, and software designs
- Provides reliable solutions to a wide range of difficult problems using sound problem-solving techniques
- Contributes to technical research on new technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field AND a minimum of 5 years relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience necessary to develop moderately complex software in C, C++, or other selected languages
- Experience designing software systems and modules that support new technology or improve the capability/performance of existing functionality
- Demonstrated competence in researching fundamental problems and implementing appropriate algorithmic solutions
- Demonstrated capability to offer peer technical assessments in areas of expertise, new technologies, and software designs
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be positive, detail-oriented, organized, team-oriented and a driven problem solver, multi-tasker, and self-starter with the ability to prioritize and lead in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates with a pilot's license, experience working on aviation software, or other aviation backgrounds are highly desired
- Previous experience developing in embedded Linux environments
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.