Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
An exciting opportunity to be part of the Firmware and Microcontroller Operating System team at Intel!
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Familiarity with opensource development and opensource tools
- Developing low-level operating systems, device architectures, OS services in partnership with hardware design and development teams
- Working knowledge and proven experience in development of embedded systems and real-time software
- Embedded firmware development running in a real-time operating system RTOS with hardware and software interactions
- Performing unit and system level testing including failure analysis and debug of product issues as part of development and validation phases
- Cross multiple firmware disciplines to develop and grow across the entire client computer architecture
- Working with project stakeholders turning product requirements into development and validation plans
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Listening to understand and respond professionally to partner questions and issues while building trust.
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work in a competitive team environment in multiple geolocations
- A history of self-starting and effective multitasking with strong influencing and leadership skills
- Innovative, thinking out of the box, seeking improvement
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field with 8+ years of experience in programming or development experience.
- 8+ years of experience with C/C++
- Masters' degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- 8+ years of embedded firmware development experience
- Experience working in ThreadX Zephyr i64 architecture multithreaded environment
- Familiarity with ARC and Tensilica architecture
- Experience in Debugging using Lauterbach gdb other debuggers
- Experience with Ethernet TCPIP other networking protocols
- Experience in creating and handling error free data transfer protocols through communication peripherals eg UART I2C SPI DMA
- Experience in low power HW programming for ARM ARC Tensilica controllers eg deep sleep modes
- Familiarity with scripting languages would be an asset Python Shell XMLHighly
- Knowledge of Microprocessor fundamentals specifications 1632 bit etc registers Power and Battery Management systems gauges chargers battery cells etc
- Supporting feature verification process, testing, test setup maintenance, test design creation etc.
- Participating in and role model an Agile/Kanban development culture which emphasizes product quality, team accountability, and continuous improvement
- Coordinating priorities and activities with other engineering stakeholders to accomplish committed milestones
- Developing and reviewing code, debug reported issues and propose solutions, optimize code, deliver, and review designs etc.
Inside this Business Group
The Client Computing Group (CCG) is responsible for driving business strategy and product development for Intel's PC products and platforms, spanning form factors such as notebooks, desktops, 2 in 1s, all in ones. Working with our partners across the industry, we intend to continue to advance PC experiences to deliver the real-world performance people demand. As the largest business unit at Intel, CCG is investing more heavily in the PC, ramping its capabilities even more aggressively, and designing the PC experience even more deliberately, including delivering a predictable cadence of leadership products. As a result, we are able to fuel innovation across Intel, providing an important source of IP and scale, as well as help the company deliver on its purpose of enriching the lives of every person on earth.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.
In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.