Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds hardest engineering problems. Out culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As the Mission Development Leader, you'll leverage synergies within the Special Programs Line of Business, other LM Business Areas and any stakeholders to establish growth opportunities for the Advanced Programs Missions organization specifically Mission Processing. This Leadership role involves critical support to other Space LOB’s (Mission Solutions) and Business Areas (RMS, Aero) and requires Full Spectrum Leadership Approaches to enterprise collaboration. The selected individual will manage the execution and grow a multi-disciplined product area engaged in applied Research and Development (R&D), and transition new mission capabilities to operations while building a core technical team to address large competitive procurements.
• Managing multiple programs to include: planning, scheduling, budgeting, financial management
• Planning and coordinating software development activities
• Establishing and maintaining effective customer relations
• Acquiring and managing LM Space and Corporate Research and Development initiatives
• Developing and executing growth strategies and new business acquisition
• Public speaking to large/high level audiences
• Recruitment of Top Technical Talent
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Strong technical background with experience overseeing technical efforts associated with Software Development Programs
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective customer relations
• Effective communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to recruit and develop top technical talent
• Earned Value Management/Control Account Management experience
• Demonstrated experience leading proposal development along with experience in Basis of Estimate (BOE) and technical document writing
• Experience in developing, deploying and maintaining large-scale mission management processing systems with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) capabilities
• Working knowledge of Special Program customer site operations
• Formal program management training (e.g. - PMDP or PMP certified)
• Direct experience developing and executing growth strategies
• Experience interfacing with high-level government/military officials
• Experience working across LM Lines of Business
• Experience of overseeing diverse software organization with a focus on metrics and program execution
• Experience with both IC and DoD communities
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly SP
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $154,100 - $256,900 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligible
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.