Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Fleet Space Technologies is an innovative technology company that builds solutions for companies that wish to monitor and manage assets in remote areas. Our satellite constellation in combination with state-of-the-art ground-based technologies allows customers to securely transfer data from anywhere in the world.
As a business, we are ambitious, innovative, and collaborative and we put our people and our customers first in everything that we do. We love celebrating our successes, and we have had a lot to celebrate to date.
We are an inclusive and collaborative organisation that celebrate our broad people diversity.
What connects us all together is our passion for space and we would like for the successful candidate to share this passion with us.
The Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for planning, designing, and building the software architecture across the Fleet Product line, including our Satellite components, our Satellite modems, and our ground-based devices.
For the right candidate, this role may also include a leadership component helping manage other software engineers, and assisting with high-level planning.
- Software design & development of satellite and satellite modem components, both Embedded Linux and Bare Metal/RTOS.
- Development of software interfaces between hardware components on both satellites and modems.
- Software implementation of RF MAC layer interfaces for optimizing data throughput for LEO satellites.
- Building Board Support Packages (BSPs) and device trees for embedded Linux devices (satellites & modems)
- Providing input into hardware processor decisions across Fleet's products.
- Technical leadership and decision-making of a team of embedded software resources
- Mentorship of junior software engineers.
- Providing constructive feedback during code review.
- Prioritization of software tasks to meet tight schedules.
- Providing high-level road maps of software plans
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of professional experience in either software development or electronics engineering environment
- Programming skills in at least some of Golang, Rust, C/C++, Python
- Knowledge of Linux build systems, device drivers, device trees, and shell scripts
- Familiar with common hardware and software tools for testing and debugging (i.e. microprocessor debuggers, logic analyzer, oscilloscope, software terminal programs)
- Familiar with Ci/CD tools such as Gitlab runners/Jenkins/Github actions
- Basic knowledge of electronics, PCB, and schematic design
- Familiarity with Embedded Linux build systems such as Yocto/Buildroot
- Experience with Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) such as LoRa/LoRaWAN
- Patient and constructive
- Problem solving
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Computer Science or a similar discipline, or equivalent work experience
Fleet Space Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet Space Technologies is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.