Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
This is what you’ll do:
· Perform tests to validate mechanical components and systems within EV battery packs to be used for Rivan’s vehicle platforms.
· Perform methods to diagnose and characterize mechanical behaviors
· Specify and/or operate equipment and instruments for various mechanical and durability tests
· Automate tests where applicable
· Execute detailed test plans and results reports in a timely manner.
· Collaborate with design engineers to determine appropriate methods to test and pass/fail criteria.
· Develop, maintain, and enhance technical memory documents, templates, and tracking of BoD, BoM, CTS, CTR, DFMEA, ADV Toolbox, Drawing Templates, and Lessons Learned
· Support design reviews for Product Development & Change Management, Key Stakeholder Reviews, Component Technical Reviews and Supplier Technical Reviews
· Support FMEA efforts (design and process)
· Support failure analysis activities during development, throughout production life and after-market.
· Speak up for safety issues and read across activities for actions and closures
· Be technical lead and provide direction to lab personnel (both in house and outside) in setting up and executing tests
· Work with cross functional test teams to align test conditions and test methods for software evaluation, etc where applicable.
· Participate in Bill of Design assessments, CTS, DFMEA, PFMEA, DVP&R, CTR, etc…
· Provide feedback related to battery failure modes discovered in testing to Development/Validation Engineers, Design Engineers
· Support technical root cause analysis and resolution of issues found during testing
· Provide analysis from data collected during testing
· Support hardware integration related to interfacing hardware and connection issues
· Design and modify fixtures and instrumentation for battery testing
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or related relevant field
· Minimum 5 years automotive experience in related relevant field
· Demonstrated knowledge of battery pack, module and cell design preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of automated battery test equipment and test methods preferred.
· Experience with configuring devices with mechanical measurement instruments, including but not limited to accelerometers, strain gauges, displacement measurement transducers, force transducers, etc.
· A wide range of experience with automotive test tools such as Vector CANoe/CANape, Tracetronic ECU-Test, Vehicle SPI preferred
· Experience working with high voltage systems preferred
· Knowledge of lab equipment including vibration test systems, tensile test systems, fatigue analysis tools, etc
· Familiarity with statistical tools, DOEs and packages such as JMP / Minitab
· Familiarity with DFSS or DRM tools (such as VOC, FMEA, 5-Why, 8-D)
· High energy and self-motivated
· Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
· Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal
· ~20% Domestic and/or International Travel
This is where you’ll work:
Department: ESS – Test & Validation
Location: Irvine 1
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.