Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
As a BMS Software Controls and Integration Engineer on the Battery Systems team, you will be supporting development, testing and release of new BMS software builds for Proterra’s existing and upcoming battery products.
About the Role – You will:
- Work with system architects, hardware designers, and controls engineers to maintain an expert understanding of our battery systems
- Work with various cross-functional teams to define requirements and implement new BMS features, diagnostics, and algorithms
- Manage all calibrations & configurations for variety of product solutions.
- Own and execute SW builds and release activities.
- Support test strategy and test execution.
- Investigate battery field issues through data analysis and issue reproduction, and propose and validate robust solutions.
- Generate & maintain a good documentation of software features, diagnostics & algorithms.
- Train & support customer facing engineering teams on BMS Software controls and diagnostics, tools and processes.
About Our Group:
- This role is part of the larger Battery Technology Team. The Battery Technology Team’s work is guided by our team values:
- Purpose: We work towards a sustainable future for all by leading battery technology development and enabling electrification in every sector of transportation.
- Initiative: We encourage taking ownership to find creative solutions to challenges. We’re not afraid to fail.
- Humility: We recognize when we’re not the expert, ask for help when needed, and change our minds when we get new information.
- Critical Thinking: We are both creative and analytical. We break problems down to the fundamentals and question assumptions.
- Intellectual Challenge: We are continuously learning and growing so that we can strategically tackle hard problems that push the industry forward.
- Community & Diversity: We actively work to build a supportive space where people from diverse backgrounds can bring their whole selves to work, connect meaningfully, and grow both as individuals and as a group.
- Kindness: We’re more productive when we treat each other with empathy and respect. We support each other and offer meaningful help.
- Fun: We purposefully create outlets to take breaks and have fun. We believe we should be inspired by our jobs and each other.
- You will report to the Sr. Manager of Battery Systems and collaborate with other Engineering team members located at our headquarters in Burlingame, CA and manufacturing facilities in Los Angeles, CA and Greenville, SC.
- Able to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization
- Customer-focused attitude
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, and diligent
- Flexible and open to change
- Demonstrate sound judgment and problem-solving skills including challenging assumptions
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
Your Experience Includes:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in automotive controls, BMS software, and/or embedded software development.
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with EV battery management, charging systems and power electronics
- Working knowledge of automotive communication protocols such as CAN2.0, UDS, J1939
- Working knowledge of Vector CAN / Ethernet tools
- BS/MS/PhD in ME/EE/CE/CS
Travel: 0 - 10%
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.