Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded systems engineers
SeeByte, a global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit an Image Processing Engineer – Machine Learning Engineer / Senior Engineer for our engineering team based in our Edinburgh office. You can expect to be working as part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, with state-of-the-art subsea robots on exciting and varied projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments.
You will be working on SeeByte’s Sensor Processing technology, and take part in the development and tuning of techniques for automated image recognition and classification approaches using state of the art neural network. The output from these technologies must be visualised for human understanding and provides vital input to high level autonomy capabilities. The development of generative network for realistic simulation is also an area of investigation for this role.
SeeByte’s Sensor Processing technology is used in offshore and mine countermeasure applications for both embedded and topside applications, enabling underwater robots to carry out autonomous missions in dangerous environments.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to travel to great locations like San Diego and work with robots
- Annual company day out
- A “technology day” every quarter to prototype and explore new ideas.
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live and work in!
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
Main Purpose of the Role
You will be an expert in one or more relevant data processing technology areas in SeeByte, working in small development teams to develop, maintain and deliver software capabilities within the field of maritime robotics. You will have an opportunity to propose new areas of technology research and shape SeeByte’s technology roadmap, mentoring and leading engineers and interns to deliver technology solutions to SeeByte’s customers including Military and Oil and Gas customers worldwide.
The candidate would ideally have experience working in the maritime domain or demonstrable experience in another sector involving relevant technology such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering, AI etc.
- Experience with Machine Learning using C++ and/or Python
- Experience with Deep Neural Networks in scene understanding
- Experience with libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras or Torch
- Keen interest in Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Image Processing
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with external partners and clients
- Willingness to travel abroad to support client demonstrations and trials
- Enthused to learn new technology
Experience (academic or commercial) in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- Autonomy / A.I.
- Knowledge of data mining/machine learning /deep learning algorithms
- Software verification and deployment
- Management and processing of Big Data
- Creation/Management of static and dynamic libraries
- Knowledge of Boost, OpenCV and Web Services
Having been involved in previous projects in one or several of the following areas is also desirable:
- Image processing
- Data Analysis
- Modelling and Simulation
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.