Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Seeing Machines is engaged on a multitude of programs at the forefront of innovation, being delivered by a team of highly skilled engineers and scientists.
About the opportunity
Seeing Machines is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to lead the product development of advanced computer-vision technology that gets drivers home safely.
You will be responsible for the software stack at the heart of our world-renowned Guardian product, that monitors a driver's face and eyes to determine alertness, wakefulness and attentiveness, and intervenes in case of unsafe driving behaviour. You will apply your leadership experience and software engineering expertise to drive high-performance and high-integrity software releases. You will be collaborating with a cross-discipline team of Engineers and Scientists, through all phases of the Product Development Lifecycle, from concept phase, to design and development, right through to manufacture.
Our close-knit team fosters an environment of product innovation, quality software, rapid product iteration and collaboration of a wide range of products, hardware and software.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Application-level software engineering (C++) across the full product development lifecycle, including prototyping, requirements definition, architectural and detailed design, estimation, implementation, unit-testing, integration testing, documentation, design and code review
- Collaborating with other Guardian teams and ensuring end-to-end solution works well as per the customer needs
- Leading, owning, and delivering significant and complex work packages
- Leading small teams as needed
- Coordinating the collaboration of different functions across the organisation, and on occasion outside the organisation, as needed to deliver a work package
- Technical guidance to internal and external customers, and collaborative partners
- Championing Engineering Process Maturation at a project-level
- Recruitment and mentoring
- Delivery and technical approval of project software releases
- Timely technical guidance & recommendations, support and status updates to PM and Customer
- Technical direction of all software requirements, architecture, design, implementation, and unit-testing
- Ensuring the project Software team adheres to company engineering processes and standards
- Developing new processes or improving existing ones to increase the efficiency and quality of software development.
- Project work estimation to help assess cost and resource needs
- Sprint Planning: task scoping and definition in collaboration with the Project Manager
- Project Tracking - Task definition, review, tracking and approval - make sure health of sprint is under control
- Leading root-causing activities of technical issues
- Status reporting and technical guidance for Project Manager
- Customer interactions along with Project Manager, when needed
We value the breadth and depth of experience that our people bring to their work. We are seeking people with a good mix of technical competency and personal capability. Specifically, we are looking for people with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of software engineers in a product development context
- Proven ability to provide leadership, coaching and guidance to team members to meet demanding project scheduling goals
- Demonstrated commercial experience developing products using C/C++ within an embedded environment
- Commercial experience using multi-thread and multi-process programming techniques
- Understanding of IoT standards and Cloud technologies will be added advantage
- Ability to run Scrum, understanding of Agile methodologies and knowledge of Atlassian tools - JIRA, confluence.
- Strong problem solving, data analysis and analytical skills
- Highly organised - results and delivery oriented
- Ability to collaborate, build effective relationships and influence others within a matrix management organisation
- Ability to provide guidance to junior team members, while remaining open minded
- Strong problem solving, data analysis and analytical skills
- Ability to express technical concepts clearly, both verbally and written
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively within a team
- Demonstrated experience in developing safety-critical applications and compliance to industry safety standards such as ASPICE/CMMI/ISO 26262 etc.
- Experience in developing commercial grade IoT devices
- Understanding of IoT Protocols
- Experience in Cloud Technologies - AWS
- Embedded low-level software engineering experience - Device drivers for Linux OS, microcontroller knowledge
- Experience with Web technologies like AngularJS
- Experience writing Python or other scripting languages
- Experience in modelling languages such as UML
- Experience in using Jama, NI Test Stand and Enterprise Architect
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please upload your current resume and cover letter outlining your experience and interest in the role.
About Seeing Machines
Seeing Machines is a world leader in driver-machine interaction. We harness human factors science to create artificial intelligence (AI) technology that observes the driver's attention – reliably, unobtrusively, and in real time – and intervenes seamlessly when necessary.
Specialised computer vision algorithms underpin Seeing Machines' core camera-based driver monitoring technology. Algorithms allow us to precisely track eye gaze, head position and pupil size while our state-of-the-art AI technology analyses the data to quickly and accurately detect driver drowsiness, distraction and microsleep levels. We work with some of the world's leading brands to deliver this technology, helping keep drivers and operators engaged across commercial transport and logistics, automotive, aviation, rail and mining industries.
In automotive, we enable safer Automated Driving (AD) solutions and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) – including the world first camera-based hands-free driving feature, GM Super Cruise. In aviation, our advanced gaze tracking technology understands how pilots interact and monitor instruments – leading to better training and safer operations.
For commercial transport and fleet operators, the Seeing Machines retrofit driver monitoring technology provides real-time intervention for drivers to mitigate the risks associated with driver fatigue and distraction.
For more information, visit:
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.