Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded systems engineers
Inphi Corporation, a high-speed analog semiconductor company, is the market leader in data transport and signal integrity solutions from fiber to memory. We address the bandwidth, capacity and power issues faced by cloud computing, mega data center, and 40G/100G network environments. By leveraging our core competencies in advanced analog circuit design, signal integrity, power management, packaging and process technologies, Inphi has taken a leadership role in the markets we serve. Founded in 2001, Inphi went through a successful initial public offering in November 2010 and is publicly traded on NYSE under the symbol “IPHI.”
Our innovative approaches have resulted in the company’s products being first to market in a number of key areas, including 40G/100G drivers and TiAs, as well as 100G Ethernet CMOS SERDES. We are seeking talented individuals to work on demanding technical challenges with the most outstanding group of collaborators in the industry. Join our team of experts and make a difference in an exciting career opportunity.
The Firmware Engineer will develop embedded firmware for systems and sub-systems. You will work alongside hardware and systems engineers to deliver robust firmware products to internal and external customers.
- Translate system requirements into functional firmware
- Create documentation (functional specifications, design documents, test specifications)
- Design and implement code unit testing processes
- Design and execute automated regression testing systems
- Excellent English language skills
- 3+ years professional experience in embedded FW development
- MS in computer science, engineering or related discipline
- Expert in C
- Various microprocessor architectures (at least ARM)
- Excellent team and communications skills; ability to work with a remotely located team
- RTOS, queuing, memory management, interrupt processing
- Embedded device driver experience in communications protocols (including SPI, I2C, MDIO, UART)
- Experience writing control firmware for: CDR, Flash/EEPROM, Laser Driver, TEC Controller
- Understanding of parameter calibration techniques (e.g., interpolation, splines.)
- Working knowledge of using and automating optical measurement equipment (OSA, Wavemeter, Temperature Control etc.)
- Hardware laboratory debugging capabilities (logic analyzer, oscilloscope)
- Working knowledge of version control systems (e.g., git), build environments (IDE, gmake), and code auto-documenting systems (e.g., Doxygen)
- Excellent multitasking skills
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.