Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
We are looking for you to join our team as a Embedded Software Engineer based out of San Diego, CA. As an Embedded Software Engineer at Northrop Grumman you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Candidates will work on software systems such as Software Define Radios for mission systems in all phases of the software development lifecycle, primarily in C/C++.
This position will require onsite work however for this role we are able to offer flexible work arrangements.
This position is located in Rancho Carmel, San Diego.
Summary of Role:
As a Principal and Senior Principal Embedded Software Engineer within the Software and Digital Technologies Organization you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning and a culture of automation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The software engineer will develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized embedded Mission Systems applications using software engineering best practices and standards, and participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance. In particular this role will support the Communication Solutions Software.
- Identifying risks, suggesting mitigation, tracking defects, developing resolutions, and reporting status.
- Design and Develop software using C++
- Develop and execute unit tests and build verification test plans, and track and report test status.
- Conduct reviews of software related products, software designs, and additional technical documents.
- Active participation in Integrated Product Teams (IPT), design reviews, and other reviews, as required.
- Actively participate in the technical peer reviews to ensure system/software requirements are being met from an end-to-end system point of view.
We offer phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly collaborative workplace. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Does this sound like you?
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself! Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
This position may be filled as a Principal Engineer Embedded Software or Sr. Principal Engineer Embedded Software.
Basic Qualifications for the Principal Engineer Embedded Software:
5 years of relevant professional experience with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with a PhD
Experience designing and developing software/writing code in C/C++
Experience working with Linux Operating Systems
Proficiency in working with real time embedded software
Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance is required
CLEARANCE: Active DoD Security Clearance at the Secret Level (or above) is required for consideration
Basic Qualifications for the Sr. Principal Engineer Embedded Software:
- 9 years of relevant professional experience with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline; 7 years with Masters; 4 years with a PhD
- Experience working in C/C++, Python
- Experience working with Linux Operating Systems
- Proficiency in working with real time embedded software
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance is required
- CLEARANCE: Active DoD Security Clearance at the Secret Level (or above) is required for consideration
- Experience in real-time embedded software development knowledge of Software Define Radio (SDR), Waveforms, or Communication technologies
- Experience in algorithmic application development and optimization
- Experience with Green Hills and/or Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with GCC compiler
- Experience with SonarQube and/or Coverity tools
- Experience in Open Architecture Solutions
- Experience with the Atlassian tool set, kubernetes, Conan, Model Based Engineering, and DevSecOps best practices
Salary Range: $101,400.00 - $152,200.00Salary Range 2: $125,800.00 - $188,600.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.