Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
META is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer for our facility in Columbia, MD.
What You’ll Do:
You will contribute to development of a ground-breaking gigapixel imaging product line. Ideal candidates will be interested in making a lasting impact on a rapidly growing company developing a new set of revolutionary systems. The pace of development is fast, and the team is highly experienced. The resulting software development activity will be highly visible and critical to the initial productization. Candidates should have software experience for embedded or ‘edge’ compute systems. The revolutionary nature of the product dictates a need for intense processing capability, so familiarity with efficient algorithm implementation is a key desired skill. In particular, development with GPUs and familiarity with NVIDIA’s CUDA ecosystem are key capabilities being sought. Candidates will have the opportunity to apply this knowledge on state-of -the-art image processing, computer vision, and artificial intelligence (AI) applications. Candidates should have a background in modern software development environments, practices, and processes. The scope of the work encompasses design, implementation, and product testing. Remote candidates will be considered, though occasional travel may be required.
Some of the typical responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to software design of embedded processing pipeline for high data rate video sensor systems
- Develop efficient embedded implementations of image processing algorithms
- Testing and benchmarking of resulting implementations
- Evaluation and integration of third-party open-source frameworks for processing (as necessary)
- Debug and test software implementations on embedded target devices
- Work with minimal supervision and pursue development from requirements capture, through design and implementation, to test and deployment
- Support company teams in software engineering aspects of new product designs and development
- 3+ years of experience with B.S. in technical discipline (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, etc.); 1+ years of experience with M.S. or Ph.D. in technical discipline
- Experience developing embedded software in C++ and/or NVIDIA CUDA
- Familiarity with image and signal processing techniques and libraries
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Efficient implementation of algorithms in embedded environments
- Modern software development environments and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- M.S. (or higher) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math, or Physics
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Experience with NVIDIA CUDA development
- Open-source libraries and techniques for image processing
- Familiarity with AI frameworks in embedded environments
- Implementation of computer vision algorithms
Occasional travel (< 10%) will be required to support software integration and test activity.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
What You’ll Love About Us:
META is a fast-growing company with a positive and committed work culture and a phenomenally talented workforce. Our employees are inspired to do exceptional and innovative work, are proud to contribute to the success of the company and are our greatest asset.
META attracts people from many countries and cultures, with over 35 spoken languages represented across our teams. b believes that diversity drives creativity and innovation. We welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented populations; Aboriginal peoples, racialized persons, people living with disabilities (including invisible and episodic disabilities) and members of the LGBTQ2 community.
- META (MMAT) Equity
- Retirement Savings Matching
- Company provided Group Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision).
- Competitive paid time off policy; vacation, paid sick leave; personal days; time off between Christmas day and New Year’s day
- Casual dress
Meta Materials Inc. “META®” (NASDAQ: MMAT) is a developer of high-performance functional materials and intelligent surfaces that are scalable, sustainable, and efficient. Through applied physics and advanced design, we are pioneering a new class of multi-functional materials — called metamaterials — which have engineered properties that Go Beyond what is found in nature. Our extensive technology platform encompasses three core capabilities, holography, lithography, and wireless sensing, and is software and AI-design driven. This allows us to develop a library of solutions and functional prototypes much faster and at lower cost than traditional chemical synthesis.
Our technology platform enables leading global brands to deliver breakthrough products to their customers in consumer electronics, 5G communications, health and wellness, aerospace, automotive, and clean energy. Our nano-optic technology provides anti-counterfeiting security features for government documents and currencies and authentication for brands.
META has worked with some of the world’s leading companies including Airbus, Satair, Lockheed Martin, and Sekisui. META’s Nanotech business recently renewed a frame agreement with a top-ten central bank to develop a new security feature, and has delivered its LumaChrome™ security feature for more than 30 banknote denominations.
At META we make surfaces smarter, more sustainable, and we do more with less. Together with our partners, we go beyond what’s possible today by creating intelligent surfaces that protect, detect and connect.
Our achievements have been widely recognized, including being named a Lux Research Innovator of the Year in 2021. Learn more at www.metamaterial.com
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.