Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Senior Embedded Engineer will lead the design and implementation of testing of embedded systems and identify engineering trends to drive strategies and Milwaukee Tool's technical direction. You will work through the product development process in a team environment interacting with cross-functional stakeholders such as hardware, firmware, product development, and reliability engineers.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Execute a lead role for the design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics hardware and firmware for mid to high complexity projects.
- Lead the development of test plans/procedures and test cases for new product embedded systems and subsystems development.
- Provide candid and effective communications up, down and across the organization on progress, barrier removal and escalation of business risks/opportunities.
- Demonstrate Milwaukee Tools Culture of high performance and agility by independently creating Work Breakdown Structure for your work and driving to critical milestones.
- Drive urgency and accountability in project schedules to establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Serve as a role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while mentoring, guiding, and coaching junior Engineers. Grow the ability to lead and manage a small team
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related fiel
- 5+ years of experience in related design field.
- Expertise in C programming and related development tools and processes, especially relating to microcontroller peripherals.
- Practical knowledge in analog/digital system tradeoffs and design, especially related to signal integrity, noise analysis, and margin considerations.
- High level of knowledge of firmware architecture and codebase re-use methodology.
- Expertise in power electronics circuit design and control.
- Familiarity with using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE, and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Ability to read schematics and component data sheets, along with a basic understanding of digital circuits to understand the interaction between firmware and electronics.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Working knowledge of a second modern programming language such as Python or C++.
- Mentoring and leadership experience.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.