Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Develop and maintain the low-level, processor specific embedded software that exists in all of Flowserve’s digital positioner products.
- Create the embedded code for new Smart Products being developed by Flowserve.
- Analyze the embedded codes requirements necessary to run Flowserve smart products and determine the feasibility and implementation method regarding the embedded code.
- Troubleshoot problems with our Smart Products and fix any problems related to the embedded code.
- Work with other programmers to define the interactions with the user interface software.
- Work with Electrical Engineers to define the interactions with the electronic hardware.
- Test the functionality of the embedded code and electronic hardware. Fix embedded code issues and recommend hardware solutions where needed.
- Create and maintain documentation relating to the embedded code including the creation of user manuals and technical references.
- Mentor and coach Electrical Engineers providing instructions and standards for embedded software engineers to follow.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience C/C ++ programming experience on various embedded processor platforms
- Solid understanding of the underlying electronic hardware.
- Knowledge of common electronic communication standards, practices, and theories.
- Working knowledge of HW design, able to read and understand schematic diagrams.
- Working knowledge of Real-Time embedded operating system Kernels.
- Knowledge of networking protocols and their interactions
- Experience with PID control algorithms.
- Additional understanding of programming languages, microprocessors, electronics, communications, process control theory, emulators, debuggers, organizational skills, and office- type computer software in general.
- Willingness to solve unknown technical problems with little or no instruction, documentation, or supervision.
- Knowledge of Segger EmBos, various compliers and ARM M4 architecture.
- Firm working Knowledge C and assembling programming languages and theory.
- Industrial control experience related to electro-pneumatic positioners.
- Detailed understanding of Industrial communication protocols Such as HART and Foundation Fieldbus Protocol communication stack and function blocks
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.