Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Qualcomm's Application Engineering Group supports customers with all aspects of embedded software and systems development. This includes supporting customers with designs, training, debugging, tuning, optimizing and integrating software. Application Engineer engage with customer all the way from concept to launch of their product. Candidate will assimilate onto an existing project, understand S/W driver architecture, read/write technical specifications/requirements, demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving abilities and work closely with external customers to customize and launch their new products.
Being part of the Compute unit, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology on ARM architecture. You will see first-hand how your work is instrumental in commercializing next generation laptops , tablets, computing devices. You have the opportunity to be part of the new Windows on ARM Compute Product line and distinguish yourself by contributing to state of the art technology.
- Performs root cause analyses on basic customer problems to identify underlying issue & debugs issues on customer software/hardware systems.
- Engage with customers to understand their requirements and demonstrate solutions by providing documentation, flowcharts, and clear code.
- Manage updates and bug fixes along with coordinating integration of the same into customer solutions/code base.
- Identify gaps and create processes (internal and external) to ensure the development and release of updates are coordinated with engineering development teams.
- Interact with Subject Matter Experts to ensure the quality and accuracy of new features.
- Develop a deep knowledge of our products while developing and maintain design documentation
- Creating and/or contributing to technical specs and testing/rollout plans.
- Working in cross functional teams throughout our organization
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for enhancements and new products
- Implement new customer requirements and features in our existing application
- Create tools and applications on Qualcomm platform that help debug and trouble shoot issues.
- Mentoring and sponsoring your teammates to help them grow.
- Preforming validation to make sure the platform compliance with interoperability for display and USB.
Skills, Knowledge, & Expertise
- Software Applications Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience.
- Experience with Programming Language such as C, Embedded C, C++, Python, etc.
- C/C++ programming with Embedded Software systems
- Software design/debugging techniques, problem solving, and documentation skills
- Debugging with WinDbg, JTAG, Trace32, or GDB.
- Understanding of Operating Systems concepts.
- Familiarity with Kernel level development or debugging.
- Familiarity with Windows OS such as Windows drivers development or Windows debugging , or familiarity with Windows command lines tools such as PowerShell.
- Programming with real-time operating systems/micro kernel in ARM or Qualcomm's Hexagon microprocessor.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Applications Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 1+ year of Software Applications Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience with debugging techniques.
- 2+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
This opening will include the employee to perform job duties at customer location (in Redmond) at lengths of time to support their product cycles.
As part of the expanding Windows on Snapdragon business, Qualcomm is establishing a physical presence in Redmond, Washington to enhance the direct engineering collaboration between Qualcomm and Microsoft. Qualcomm engineers working in the Qualcomm Redmond office will focus on development and commercialization of near-term and next generation products.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
$101,000.00 - $152,000.00
The above pay scale reflects the broad, minimum to maximum, pay scale for this job code for the location for which it has been posted. Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at Qualcomm. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and opportunity for annual RSU grants (employees on sales-incentive plans are not eligible for our annual bonus). In addition, our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that Qualcomm has to offer!
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.