Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Peco InspX is a rapidly growing company in the food and beverage inspection industry. The company builds class-leading X-Ray and Machine Vision inspection equipment that is used during the food packaging process to identify foreign material and other defects in food, beverages, and packaging materials at high speed. With the recent enactment of the Food Safety Act, the automated food inspection industry is primed for significant growth and Peco InspX seeks an Embedded Engineer to lead the design and development of new embedded hardware for inspection product lines.
This role is for a real-time embedded firmware/hardware engineer to join the Engineering group and lead the design of our embedded hardware systems. Experience with digital and analog hardware is required.
A successful candidate must have deep understanding and experience in digital/analog hardware and firmware design, development and testing. In addition to FPGA/microcontroller design experience, experience designing schematics in OrCAD and developing wiring diagrams, is also required.
- 4 or more years of experience developing firmware for microcontrollers and FPGAs
- Experience with C, C++, Verilog and/or VHDL
- 4 or more years of experience with schematic capture using OrCAD
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer science
- Ability to work in a lab environment simulating a food processing line (conveyors, package handling equipment, x-ray machinery)
- Ability to make the occasional trip to our Modesto, CA manufacturing facility for training and validation purposes
- An interest in working with something real - these are real machines that inspect over a billion food and beverage products daily around the world. Our software and inspection algorithms are a key part of the food safety process for many people.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: In-person (Burlingame, CA) or Remote
Required education: Bachelor's
- Firmware Engineering: 4 years
- Electrical Engineering: 4 years
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.