Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded systems engineers
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive, innovative, research and development company that designs and engineer’s high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo, and Astro Robot. What will you help us create?
Are you interested in joining a new technology team with a bold mission to help customers reduce their environmental impact? We are a team of passionate technology pioneers building a first-of-its-kind machine learning driven product.
We are seeking a passionate DSP embedded software engineer to join our software team and help us innovate through the unique challenges we face. As a DSP Embedded Software Engineer, you will work closely with our distinguished data scientists to develop the DSP solutions that will enable our team train new ML models and advance our team’s technologies. Our team works in a fast-paced agile environment where we support and challenge each other to grow every day. We collaborate closely and communicate transparently in order to build a product that will delight customers.
· Design and develop DSP software in C/C++ in a real-time operating system to enable a first-of-its-kind machine learning technology
· Work directly with distinguished data scientists to understand the needs of their Machine Learning models and build DSP algorithms to help us advance this new technology.
· Find novel approaches to data compression to further enable our applications
· Design and develop new software for embedded android/Linux devices
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar technical field
· 5+ years of software development engineering experience, with at least one year of experience developing software for RTOS or embedded device
· 3+ years of DSP software experience or degree with DSP/Signal processing specialization
· 3+ years of experience in design and architecture, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns
· Master’s degree in DSP/Signal Processing related field
· Previous experience developing DSP software in RTOS for IoT applications
· Previous experience in building/training machine learning models (especially for embedded applications)
· Experience working on consumer electronic products or mobile devices
· Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
· Extensive knowledge of Linux systems
· Python or shell scripting experience
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.