Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Sign On Bonus $15K! *HYBRID POSITION*
This position is not 100% Remote. MicroVision does offer a flexible work schedule that could include a hybrid type flexible work schedule (partial onsite; partial remote). Candidate must live and reside within a commuting distance from MicroVision's headquarters in Redmond, WA.
Who We Are:
Headquartered in Redmond, Washington, MicroVision is part of the community of high-tech leaders in the Greater Seattle Area. Founded in 1993, early applications of our Laser Beam Scanning technology were incorporated into automotive head-up and personal head-mounted augmented reality displays. We’ve since worked with companies worldwide to successfully integrate our technology into their AR/VR, robotics and laser projection display products and to bring revolutionary solutions to market. We are now applying our technology to develop revolutionary automotive lidar sensors for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Vehicles (AV).
MicroVision has an immediate opportunity for a Software Development Manager. As a key member of MicroVision's growing Software Engineering organization, you will lead a Software Development Team and collaborate with various other technical teams in the company to design and take into production market defining automotive lidar product. The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly motivated Software Enthusiast with strong people management and communication skills as well as world class expertise in areas of edge computing, automotive software, and/or perception.
- Set technical direction for your team in conjunction with senior leadership.
- Grow the team by attracting and hiring exceptional talent.
- Provide hands on leadership working closely with engineers, developers, and technical project managers to design and develop MicroVision's automotive lidar products.
- Lead design and efficient implementation of automotive quality software as applied to Advanced Driver Assistant Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Vehicles (AV).
- Lead development of embedded computing platforms with Linux and implementation of fast, low-latency real-time algorithms and code for edge computing.
- Collaborate closely with Firmware, RTL, and Electronics teams to implement algorithms realizable in edge devices with embedded software or directly on Silicon.
- Create and maintain design documentation, conduct design reviews.
- Manage activities of individual contributors.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good understanding of principles of lidar and other automotive perception sensors.
- Excellent C++ and Python programming skills.
- Solid foundation with best in class Software Development processes and tools, including source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
- Development experience on custom platforms utilizing Embedded Linux.
- Hands on Experience utilizing some of the following software frameworks and libraries: Computer Vision (e.g., OpenCV), Point Cloud Processing (e.g., PCL), Parallel Computing (e.g., Cuda), Visualization (e.g., OpenGL), Machine Learning (e.g., TensorFlow), or ML Compilers (e.g., TVM).
- Exposure to Software Projects developing to regulatory or automotive standards, such as ASPICE, ISO 26262, or AUTOSAR.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results.
Minimum Education and Experience requirements:
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field and
- 7+ years of Software Development Experience including 3+ years of team lead or management experience, or equivalent combination of higher education and experience.
MicroVision offers relocation services and support for all candidates outside of the State of WA.
MicroVision is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. MicroVision is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation in completing the application, attending and/or participating in an interview or in taking any test required for employment.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.