Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Silvertree is seeking creative engineers to help bring our product to life. Human connection is at the core of our business, so we are looking for team members that value collaboration and want to take part in crafting our company culture. Our ideal candidate is thoughtful, dynamic, and confident without an ego—you produce great results, without taking yourself too seriously.
What you’ll do
- Lead the embedded firmware development of a low-power cellular-connected IoT device
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes using development kits and other prototyping tools
- Work closely with electrical engineering to perform component selection and board bring-up
- Develop overall software architecture, write, test and QA production code
- Develop reliable, fail-safe over-the-air firmware update procedure
- Work with OEM (domestic or overseas) to provide software support during engineering testing and manufacturing
- Support the founding team across all aspects of early-stage development -- after all, this is a startup!
- 8+ years of experience designing embedded software for consumer electronics
- Fluent in C/C++, including test and debug
- Experience developing firmware for memory-constrained microcontrollers such as ARM Cortex-M series
- Experience and comfort managing teams or contractors. Ability to articulate, explain, and defend (when necessary) engineering decisions
- Experience with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth protocols
- Experience designing low-power connected devices strongly preferred
- Experience with cellular LTE device design preferred
- Full-stack experience a plus
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
Note: Even if you don’t have all of the above and still think you’re an excellent candidate for this role, please reach out. We are always open to great people with core skillset who are willing to push and learn.
- Meaningful Equity Package
- Flexible Work Location (Partially Remote)
- Unlimited Vacation
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Fun & Informal Work Atmosphere
Silvertree is on a mission to empower the world’s aging population. We are developing a wellness wearable & tech platform that provides the right balance of safety, connection, and style for active older adults.
Aging is a personal experience, yet aging with dignity and independence often includes the caring involvement of family and loved ones. That is why we are designing a stylish, wrist-worn wearable that is built for safety and deeply rooted in human connection, across generations. We aim to be the consumer brand associated with vitality, style, and independence for the growing population of fifty-five million Americans ages sixty-five and beyond.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.