Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Network Infrastructure IP Routing
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
The IP Routing division leads the industry with the best Network Processor technology (FP5), QoS, parallel processing, Network Function Virtualization, and product quality. Products cover the spectrum from small CPE-devices supporting a few low-speed Ethernet links to carrier-class and datacenter-class systems supporting terabits of routing capacity. Our world-leading technology enables us to offer customers 800GE and 1.6T links with unparalleled routing features.
Job Position Description:
As an Embedded Software Engineer in the IP Routing group, you will be part of the hardware engineering team. You will develop boot level software and drivers in Linux OS and support test routines to validate hardware during the product development cycle. The Board Support Package (BSP) work includes the development and integration of low-level device drivers, test utilities and 3rd party API’s in close collaboration with the application S/W team to ensure maximum code re-use. You will work with a high-end highly motivated team of engineering professionals and have major responsibly to drive new products.
What you will learn and contribute to
• Design and develop board support and device driver software in collaboration with software, hardware, FPGA, and factory test teams
• Test hardware during development and fix all issues prior to product release
• Follow group development processes and procedures to ensure code adheres to group guidelines
• Work cooperatively with Operations team to implement production test programs and procedures
• Support customer management teams in resolving field-found problems
Your skills and experience
• Minimum B.Sc or B.Eng in Electrical or Computer Engineering
• 8 to 15 years of related and recent industry experience
• Experience in C/C++ in an x86 embedded processor environment using collaborative s/w development tools
• Experience with VxWorks, Linux OS, and x86 BIOS/UEFI would be an asset
• Ability to read hardware schematics and perform digital circuit analysis
• Knowledge of assembly language programming is desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable and confident explaining problems to both h/w and s/w teams
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
• One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
• Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
• Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
• LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.