Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (310) 702-7907 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production in 2022 and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, innovate and are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
Canoo is building an effective ADAS system for its vehicle program. The goal is to provide an elegant solution over a brute force approach. The team is looking to add more skills to the current team with an engineer who is focused on delivering the ADAS Feature software stack.
- Responsible for deriving the software requirements to be consumed by internal and external development teams while ensuring support from the systems engineering and algorithms teams
- Develop Software component integration plan working closely with internal and external software development teams
- Work with the scrum master to create the backlog of tasks for new features and plan tasks for each sprint
- Properly documenting development with software requirements
- Work with the test and validation team to verify functional operation to technical specification
- Work with all stakeholders to integrate final design into the vehicle or subsystem
- Assist in the development of detailed DVP&R plans, including statistical confidence intervals
- Ensure all product issues are identified, logged, tracked, and resolved during each testing phase
- Effectively communicate with the rest of the organization when issues or failures arise
- Create detailed component level and support system level DFMEA and DVP&R documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS/EE or a related technical field
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- Strong proficiency in C++ and Python
- Familiarity with system level software and deep knowledge on hardware-software interaction
- Familiarity with SW testing tools, SW versioning tools (Git).
- Self-motivated, comfortable operating without direct supervision
- Strong written and verbal communications
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness and able to manage and escalate issues to management
- Expertise in MATLAB/SIMULINK and C programming
- Experience in Software integration of a large code base
- Experience in embedded programming for automotive
- Experience profiling and debugging c++ code stack
- Experience with POSIX compliant OS
- Experience in data structures and advanced algorithms
- Knowledge of supervised machine learning algorithms, Kalman filters, and controls algorithms
- Self-motivated and comfortable operating without direct supervision
- Professional experience in ADAS or autonomous driving applications
- While performing the duties of this job, employees may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time, occasionally bending or stooping, lifting up to 10 pounds, and prolonged periods of computer use.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo cares deeply about the safety of all candidates who may be asked to participate in an in-person interview. While the company remains operational, some of our positions are remote, while others require working on-site. Canoo is following the Covid-19 protocols set forth by local state and federal governance and the CDC guidelines. Candidates who are vaccinated will be asked to provide a copy of proof of vaccination upon arrival for the interview. Candidates who are not vaccinated will be asked to provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test that is no less than 48 hours old. We ask that you practice hand hygiene, social distance, and wear face coverings to reduce the risks of exposure to Covid-19. We appreciate your cooperation with our safety protocols while you explore your future with Canoo!
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.