Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve. No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer’s side until the job is done – whatever it takes.
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (F/M/X)
The main topics in the department Base Systems are the development of all base system components used for the safety critical railway application domain. Here the focus is on the development of the operating system, communication systems, fault tolerance systems, safety services, security services, and HW components. We are developing the widely used HW/SW technology platform called “TAS Platform”. This platform is used for all safety critical railway applications (main line and urban rail) in field usage and is the technology basis for future railway applications. In this role you are part of the development team of TAS Platform.
- Software Development in the railway domain for fault tolerance and safety critical systems (Safety, Security, Real-Time), distributed systems and real-time systems, virtualization
- Working in Linux Kernel development
- Software architecture, design and development
- Participation on technical design discussions
- Development, integration and verification of complex technical functions and solutions
- Work in an agile team with standardized processes (quality, safety, security)
- A completed education (HTL, FH, University) in a technical field (Informatics, Electrical Engineering or equal)
- Good knowledge of LINUX OS and development environment
- Good knowledge in C, C++ is recommended; optional JAVA
- Knowledge in bash scripts and GNU make preferred
- Interest in embedded real-time systems used for safety and security
- Thinking analytically is a strength
- Fluency in English and German
- Working in a team with agile environment methods
- Challenging, innovative, long-term projects in a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- Great accessibility by public transport and various benefits like flexible working time with generous home office policy, on-site canteen with company subsidy and Wiener Linien Yearly Ticket.
- Support for further education and development
- Support with work permit application
- The legal minimum remuneration for this position is 36.890 g.p.a (IT KV-entry level). Actual compensation is based on experience and qualification. A significant overpayment is expected and common practice.
Who we are
Together, we are shaping the world around us to build the future – here and now! Our experts’ competences and cultural backgrounds are unique in their diversity. Passion for innovations and cutting-edge technologies is our motivation. With 83,000 employees in 68 countries we create tomorrow’s key technologies today.
In the railway area, Thales experts architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. 72,000 kms of route and 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems.
As part of a global technology leader, Thales in Austria delivers key technologies in rail transportation, air traffic, digital identity & security and defence missions tailored to local needs with 400 people based in Vienna. With its unique combination of technology leadership, creativity and employee engagement, Thales in Austria has a key role to play in the digital transformation of its customers.
Whatever your role will be at Thales, your work will make a difference.
Thales Austria is committed to equality and diversity.
In particular female applicants are encouraged to apply.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.