Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Would you like to shape firmware development for a global company?
Are you passionate about leading cross-functional teams?
Join our Oilfield Services' Engineering Team!
Partner with the best
As a Senior Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing embedded firmware on microcontrollers using C for downhole drilling tools
- Performing prototype and reliability testing / failure analysis to meet next-gen nuclear logging tool operational needs
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to understand design requirements and seek out opportunities to improve productivity
- Maintaining documentation and change management processes for embedded firmware design
- Defining and delivering the scope of work necessary to complete above tasks on time, budget, and scope
- Leading and participating in design reviews and development workflows/milestones as necessary
- Writing reports and delivering presentations to stakeholders to summarize research results and communicate lessons learned
- Exemplifying compliance with all applicable health, safety, environment, and export control policies and regulations
- Developing and protecting high-value intellectual property via patent submission
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
· Have at least 5 years of oil-and-gas experience in firmware development for downhole logging tools
· Have hands-on and automation experience with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, electronic loads, signal generators, high-speed digitizers, and multimeters
· Have experience with embedded C programming on microcontrollers, such as MSP430 and/or TI C2000
· Have experience with embedded Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
· Have experience with bus technologies, such as UART, SPI, and/or CAN
· Have experience with real-time implementation of signal processing algorithms
· Have experience with modeling and simulation software such as MATLAB, SIMULINK, and/or Embedded Coder
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.