Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Diamond Kinetics is a growing sports-tech company focused in baseball and softball. As the market leader in the space, DK combines motion-based-sensors with mobile applications and a robust digital platform to provide hitting and throwing data to players, parents, coaches, and teams – helping them understand their performance, improve, and have more fun playing the game they love.
Our company is a fast-paced, performance-driven company where responsibility comes fast and exceeding expectations is the expectation. The work is challenging but exciting, especially for those who love sports. We believe in stretching for growth as a company, and as professionals, and seek competitive, self-motivated people as teammates who do the same
The Embedded Software Engineer position focuses on further development of the Diamond Kinetics sensor-based hardware and accompanying firmware. This person will utilize their interests in embedded hardware and firmware to build the next generation of sensing platforms for sports motion analytics.
An ideal candidate for this role will bring their knowledge of sensors, measurements, embedded processing, electronics, and mechatronics to assist the rest of the development team in optimal strategies for dealing with sensor communication and effective use of the sensing platform. This position will require experience in development of hardware and firmware for real time measurement and analysis of biomechanical motions, programming knowledge in C and assembly language, and design skills in electronics and mechanical systems. The position will involve hardware and firmware development and testing, including working with the development team to integrate hardware with mobile apps; coordination of testing for certifications; and collaborating with manufacturers.
The role requires an energetic and self-motivated individual with excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to work cross functionally with other organizations (internal and external), who can communicate to all levels of management.
- Develop efficient algorithms on time series data in C and assembly
- Assist with PCB schematic and layout
- Collaborate with mobile software engineers on interfaces between sensors and applications
- Experiment design and execution to test new sensors and algorithms
- Prototype hardware on breadboard and diagnose issues with Oscilloscope, logic analyzers, multimeters and spectrum analyzers
- Effectively engage with customers (coaches, players, and parents) during real-life use of the sensor and application
- Contribute to libraries for dealing with sensor data written in C and Python
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Engineering, Physics, or equivalent field of study
- Demonstrable experience with programming and hardware design
- Portfolio of existing work or side projects
Additional Desired Experience
- Familiarity with Bluetooth, SPI, I2C, MEMS sensors, and RTOS experience - especially FreeRTOS
- Proficient in diagnosing issues in embedded firmware and familiarity with observability using Memfault
- Experience certifying hardware with FCC, Bluetooth SIG, and Qi
- Start-up and/or early-stage company experience
- Experience at the intersection of consumer hardware and software
- Played baseball or softball; understanding and passion for the games
- Unique, exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced sports tech company
- Diamond Kinetics provides a flexible work environment
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Diamond Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer
- Competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, stock options, health insurance, and retirement plan
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.