Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Tigo is the worldwide leader in Flex MLPE (Module Level Power Electronics) with innovative solutions that significantly enhance safety, increase energy production, and decrease operating costs of photovoltaic (PV) systems. Tigo’s TS4 platform maximizes the benefit of PV systems and provides customers with the most scalable, versatile, and reliable MLPE solution available.
Tigo was founded in Silicon Valley in 2007 to accelerate the adoption of solar energy worldwide. Tigo systems operate on 7 continents and produce gigawatt hours of reliable, clean, affordable and safe solar energy daily.
We need top-notch individuals with a passion for solving complex problems and bringing renewable energy to the masses. Members of the team enjoy rewarding salaries, excellent benefits, an uninhibited work culture, and the satisfaction of helping to reduce the world’s dependency on fossil fuels. We work hard knowing our results will impact the affordability, reliability, and safety of clean and renewable energy systems.
Tigo Energy builds hardware and software intelligence into solar energy installations, making them more efficient, more manageable, and safer. By maximizing the energy output of each individual module, Tigo’s advanced balance of system products deliver lower cost of ownership and faster return on investment for existing and new solar installations.
As an Embedded Engineer, you'll use highly developed scientific methodologies and firmware development techniques to develop embedded firmware to power our products. Participate in multi-disciplinary team collaboration and engage in strategic partnerships with key suppliers and industry experts.
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain embedded firmware systems for the company’s power products
- Develop innovative control algorithms for advanced power conversion products
- Manage project deadlines and develop systems to meet overall requirements
- Create documentation for all firmware projects
- Working in a team help with hardware debugging efforts and design experiments to test firmware operation
- BS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science
- Versatility in software development with experience designing and integrating embedded system applications and a solid understanding of control systems, feedback loops, and monitoring
- 2-4 years of real-time embedded firmware development experience
- Skills: C, C++, assembly language for leading microcontroller families
- Familiarity with PID control, PWM drive, ADC, DAC, GPIO
- Complete familiarity with common lab test equipment (oscilloscopes, power/harmonic analyzer, spectrum analyzer)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.