Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Aerospacelab is a “new space” scale-up founded in 2018 in Belgium, counting ~140 employees. The company’s vision is to enhance efficiency across markets by making geospatial intelligence both actionable and affordable. With the objective of becoming the European leader in satellite-based intelligence and provision of microsatellite platforms, Aerospacelab follows a vertically integrated approach, developing expertise both in upstream and downstream markets. The group is composed of a holding company in Belgium controlling wholly owned subsidiaries in France and Switzerland. Aerospacelab designs and manufactures microsatellites, operates constellations of satellites to generate data, and develops processing toolchains to extract and deliver actionable insights to end-users across various sectors.
AerospaceLab is growing its technical team in Lausanne (Switzerland) and is looking for an Software / Embedded software engineer to strengthen its capabilities in this field. You will support and be responsible for tasks linked to design of satellite application software, following processes and good practices established by the HQ in Belgium.
Start date : Ideally in January 2023
- Closely working with hardware and system engineers to design and build unit firmware and satellite application software.
- Producing high quality flight SW components following the development flow established at ASL (requirements engineering, design, implementation, testing and maintenance).
- Supporting the definition of the satellite system architecture.
Must have :
- BSc, MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience developing embedded software.
- Experience with C and Python programming languages.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Permit to work in Switzerland
Nice to have :
- Experience developing embedded software in Linux environment.
- Experience with real time operating systems (preferably FreeRTOS).
- Experience in space sector (knowledge of the satellite subsystems, satellite operations, development of embedded flight software, etc.).
- Experience with ECSS/CCSDS standards (ECSS-E-ST-70-41A or C Telemetry and telecommand packet utilization, CCSDS 133.0-B-1 Space Packet Protocol, etc.).
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Buildroot, UBoot, Zynq, cmake, communication links (CAN, I2C, SPI, UART, SPW, etc.).
- Strong skills debugging, optimizing and unit testing.
- Experience with full cycle SW development.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and layouts.
- Experience working with digital HW (usage of flashers, JTAG, oscilloscope, etc.).
Joining Aerospacelab :
- Build your own career path
- Direct impact on the growth trajectory of the company
- Flat hierarchy
- Fast-paced environment
- Flexible ways of working
- Salary package consistent with your experience
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.