Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
At Mojo, we’re inventing the future of computing – Invisible Computing – which imagines a world where information is there when you need it, technology fades away, and you can freely connect with others in a more meaningful and confident way. Our team includes talented professionals with expertise in product design, user experience, applied physics, hardware, software, optics, photonics, electronics, chemistry, biology and vision science. Together, we’re building Mojo Lens, a smart contact lens with a built-in display that gives you timely information without interrupting your focus. Mojo Lens elevates your vision by providing the information you need exactly when it's needed - all while letting you look like you.
We are a well-funded startup founded by technology experts with decades of experience developing pioneering products and platforms and backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We are located in Saratoga, CA.
We are looking for an experienced hardware manager to lead the hardware and embedded system development for Mojo Lens accessory devices. These companion devices include a body-worn compute module, lens charging and cleaning systems.
- Manage the full life cycle of boards and systems: from concept, design, manufacturing, bring-up, QA, bug tracking & issue management
- Manage embedded system development including FPGA and real-time operating systems
- Comfortable in wearing multiple hats. Comfortable in being totally hands-on in all aspect of HW/PCB design, bring-up and debug when needed. You are in charge of the team and yourself.
- Establish a company-wide standardized design process & design life-cycle management
- Ability to excel in a team environment. Ability to clearly articulate design constraints and trade-offs to a diverse cross-functional team, including SW, ID, mechanical, and ASIC design teams
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years experience in hardware design
- 10+ years of people management experience
- Proven track record in designing high-volume, consumer electronics/communication devices/wearables from concept to production
- Deep experience with the system development process including concept creation, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging
- Deep experience with embedded software development flow, including real-time OS, embedded LINUX and FPGA
- Experience with designing electronics around an industrial design concept and mechanical form factor
- Design experience with embedded system technologies including FPGAs, MCUs and SoCs
- Experience with signal integrity simulation and debug, dealing with sensitive analog and RF signals
- Experience with FMEA, regulatory compliance standard (FDA, FCC,EMI)
- Experience working with & managing contract manufacturers, external PCB design houses
- Working experience with any of these is a plus:
- Experience with wireless system design and sensitive RF circuits
- Experience with motion sensing, navigation & location tracking systems
- Experience with 3D graphics, embedded vision systems, video and image processing pipelines
If solving challenging problems and shaping the future interests you, come join us at our offices in Saratoga, CA just outside of San Jose. Along with competitive compensation employee perks include flexible time off, access to full health benefits and a stocked fridge and pantry in the office. Even if you don’t see your dream job on our openings page, you can still apply for it with the “Create your own position” option.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.