Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
3D Systems is looking for a part-time entry level Software Engineer in our San Diego, CA office to execute the complete embedded software development lifecycle. The goal is to create scalable and optimized software systems for 3D printer related devices.
- Designing and implementing software of embedded devices and systems.
- Designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging system software.
- Analyzing and enhancing efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources.
- Interface with hardware design and development teams to define and document software functional requirements
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug system software.
- Review code and design documentation.
- Support the team to deliver products on time and in good quality.
- Work in an Agile development environment, using Jira to plan work and track progress.
- Support software QA test methodologies
- Interface with cross-functional engineering disciplines (ME, EE, ChemE, Optical, etc) to understand the technology and help determine root cause of system issues.
- Provide manufacturing and post-production support for field service engineers.
- Assess third party and open-source software options and understand relevant licensing impacts.
Education and Training
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with C / C++ / Python.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux programming.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
- Detail oriented and possess a strong desire to learn.
- Understanding of the Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency using modern software development processes, including software source control, configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components.
- Strong verbal and written documentation skills with experience developing and presenting to other engineering team members.
- Understanding of real-time embedded software development methodologies.
- Experience with 3D printing technologies desired.
3D Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or a disable veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran (referred to collectively as "protected veterans"). The Company also provides applicants with equal employment opportunities without regard to pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, and related medical conditions including, but not limited to, lactation.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.