Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Hanna Instruments is looking for a full-time Firmware Engineer to join their Research and Development Team in Woonsocket, RI. The Firmware Engineer will be responsible for specifying, implementing, optimizing and validating firmware for new types of high-performance scientific instruments and enhancing existing instruments. Your primary function is to develop new embedded software and support current software development. Much of the effort will be focused on developing sensor integration, hardware configurations and communication protocols. Activities include design, code, debug, test, and documentation.
Responsibilities and Duties for Firmware Engineer:
- Work closely with the R&D group as they investigate the latest technologies.
- Design cutting edge embedded firmware that enables probes, meters, controls, and sensors to work together flawlessly utilizing the latest technology.
- Work closely with cross-functional team to ensure seamless integration of firmware and solve complex business problems.
- Effectively document all aspects of design.
- Act as a subject matter expert, providing technical support to manufacturing, and product development engineering.
- Participate in cross functional design reviews.
- Assist in the development of project delivery schedules
- Develop software and algorithms to explore new technologies and validate if the firmware will meet the project's needs.
Qualifications and Skills for Firmware Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 3-5 years of experience in embedded systems design with modern microcontrollers
- Skilled in C, data structures, and programming concepts from driver to application level
- Understanding of scientific instrumentation concepts
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Renesas (RX series) microprocessors, including FIT modules, and the DTC controller
- Experience with Eclipse IDE
- Experience with Qt and embedded Linux is a plus
- Able to work in Woonsocket, RI
The people here at Hanna don’t just create widgets — they create testing solutions that help improve everything from the taste of your local microbrew to the safety of the water from your tap. With operations in 65 countries, Hanna is working to solve some of the world’s biggest problems by making scientific testing more accessible, easy and accurate. Working for Hanna is an opportunity to be a part of the solution in making a better world.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.