Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
For our site in Gratkorn we are looking for a talanted candidate to join our team as a Senior/Principal System Architect/System Engineer - Secure NFC Systems.
In the System Architect role for Secure NFC Systems your responsibilities will include:
- To develop detailed product requirements together with product management/marketing and Lead System Architect, based on customer needs
- To create a system architecture design with a good understanding of Hardware-Software Co-design and trade-offs, fulfilling the defined requirements, including use case level security concepts
- To develop the (system) integration and validation (concepts and) plans together with the (inter-disciplinary) team
- To support the product development (project managers and inter-disciplinary teams) during implementation and validation (phases) and drive product quality
- To interface with lead customers from product definition until production ramp-up, including technically driving new requirements and critical system issues coming from customer
- Bachelor/Masters/PhD Engineering degree in Electronics/Computer Science with industry experience of more than 7+ years
- Experienced in system architectures for semiconductor products (SoC + Software) for mobile , wearables or IoT devices
- Experienced in NFC Mobile and/or Smart Card
- Experience in ARM based SoC hardware-software co-design and embedded software architectures, Real Time/Embedded OSes
- Understanding of NFC/RFID and/or other wireless radio technologies
- Understanding of system integration and hardware reference designs is added advantage
- Good understanding of the product (hardware-software-system) development lifecycle and processes
- Good communication, abstraction and presentation skills
- Experienced in working with and leading global teams technically and having played a customer facing technical lead role.
Ready to create a smarter world? Join the future of Innovation. Join NXP. Apply online!
At NXP in Austria, we are proud to have received the Leading Employer Award 2020 & 2021, which is presented exclusively only to the top 1% of employers in Austria.
What can you expect?
Contract: This is a fulltime position with a permanent contract.
Benefits: Besides a competitive salary, you will be eligible for our bonus plan and receive lunch vouchers, a higher than average number of vacation days and the possibility to buy company shares with a 15% discount.
We also have a work from home policy and many more benefits. In certain cases we also provide a relocation package and support for your move to Austria.
Development opportunities: We believe that a key component to growing our business is to develop our people. To enable you to grow your career at NXP, we offer online and offline learning opportunities to help you develop some of your core and professional skills.
Our office: NXP Graz/Gratkorn is based just outside of Graz, the city with the second highest population in Austria and the capital of the province Styria, with access to a highway, airport proximity and very good public transport connections to Graz.
From there, you can enjoy the variety of opportunities Styria has to offer – whether you prefer outdoor activities in the gorgeous alpine mountains or cultural activities and events in the city of Graz.
Hiring process: Applying only takes a minute! Fill in the online application and share your CV with us. After a positive screening based on your CV you will have an initial phone or video conversation with our Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by several business interviews.
Here are some Useful Tips to help you prepare.
And more: Life at NXP is more than work alone. We like to start our day with a free coffee and chat with a colleague in our social room and every day we offer fresh fruits for all employees. Join us at one of the many social activities that are organized by and for employees such as our summer parties, Christmas parties and sports events like a tennis tournament or sledging. Due to our location right next to the river Mur you can also enjoy the beautiful cycling and running path in your break or before/after work, because we also offer welfare facilities.
NXP provides market competitive compensation according to the benchmarking of the electronic and semiconductor industry. Due to the Austrian Equal Treatment Act we are obligated to state the employment group of our applicable collective bargaining agreement (CBA) “Kollektivvertrag für Angestellte Gewerbe und Handwerk und in der Dienstleistung“, this position (fulltime) is graded in Employment Group V after 6 Employment Years. Your individual expectations will be considered in the application process. Moreover, we provide attractive benefits to our employees like home office, flexible working time, meal vouchers and more.