Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Sense is a fast-growing Greentech scale-up based company in Cambridge, MA. We build smart home monitoring systems to help people take command of their energy usage, saving money while combating climate change. Our mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and efficient, and we’re looking to make an impact at scale: Sense’s technology has the potential to remove one gigaton of carbon from the atmosphere every year.
We’re looking for talented self-starters who want to be part of the energy transformation and are ready, willing, and able to tackle tough challenges and complex technical problems. When you join the Sense team, you’re helping us build a cleaner, more resilient future.
Sense supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and is an equal-opportunity employer. We strive to foster an engaging, respectful, and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work.
To accomplish our mission, we are building an AI and automation platform for home energy infrastructure. Come join our team and ship a great consumer product built on our unique machine-learning technology. We have a wide range of interesting technical challenges, across a deep stack that spans, embedded, native mobile, web, and the cloud. If the idea of having a significant positive impact on the product (and climate) sounds exciting to you, let's talk!
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- Self-motivated and inquisitive style. The problems we solve aren't listed on Stack Overflow. You should enjoy digging deep to find solutions.
- Degree in relevant field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience in embedded systems programming, Linux and C/C++
- Development experience with compiled language (e.g. C or Rust) for Linux systems
- Experience with networking, networking security, and network protocols
- Low-level design experience
- Experience with embedded Linux on GHz-class ARM SoCs
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Authorized to work in the US
This position is hybrid and does require onsite when needed in our Cambridge, MA office. All of our EE is done in-house, so you'll be working closely with the hardware team to make our hardware sing. You will also be working directly with our product team to develop new user-facing features. To be successful in this role, you should love working from the very low level all the way up to the user experience, and everything in between.
We are a team of generalists, which means that we believe your previous experience is valuable, even if it's not directly related to this role's requirements. Impress us with your ability to thrive in an environment where you are challenged to learn new skills and solve difficult problems.
- Competitive compensation including equity
- Remote or local/hybrid in our Cambridge Central Square office
- Home office setup allowance ($200/year)
- Great work-life balance
- Flexible work hours
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks/year + 1 week paid sick time
- Paid parental leave (5 weeks or more depending on location)
- Dependent Care Accounts
- Generous healthcare benefits for employees and dependents
- Medical (90% of the premium and first 50% of the deductible)
- Dental (90%)
- Vision (100%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, long- and short-term disability insurance (100%)
- 401k plan with employer match
- Free Sense energy monitor for your home, discounts for friends and family
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.