Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
The Laboratory for Laser Energetics (LLE) of the University of Rochester is a unique national resource for research and education in science and technology focusing on using lasers to initiate fusion and high energy density physics. LLE is currently seeking an experienced laboratory engineer in the Electronics and Controls Engineering group.
The successful candidate will learn the specifics of design and support for custom instrumentation, controls, and electronic circuits used on high power experimental laser systems. Working independently with scientists and engineers from other disciplines in a team environment, the candidate will write requirements, design and build solutions, and present project reviews. Candidate should have a BSEE/BSEET and 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
Requirements include the ability to demonstrate a theoretical and hands-on knowledge of the following:
- Design, assembly, documentation, testing and troubleshooting custom electronic systems
- Development of embedded controller hardware and firmware
- Data acquisition and measurement techniques
- CAD schematic capture
- Component level digital circuit design
Desired skills or experience includes:
- Strong documentation skills
- Working knowledge of circuit board layout concepts
- Experience with the precision timing of devices
- Project budgeting and time management
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Curiosity and a desire to learn new concepts, skills, and techniques
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.