Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive, innovative, research and development company that designs and engineer’s high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo, and Astro Robot. What will you help us create?
Are you interested in joining a new technology team with a bold mission to help customers reduce their environmental impact? We are a team of passionate technology pioneers building a first-of-its-kind machine learning driven product.
We are seeking a passionate embedded software engineer to join our software team and help us innovate around unique technology challenges. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of software for embedded systems running on a custom system-on-a-chip (SoC) powered by embedded android/Linux and AWS IoT technologies. The software developed will be directly driving forward machine learning models and advancing our team’s technologies. Our team works in a fast-paced agile environment where we support and challenge each other to grow every day. We collaborate closely and communicate transparently across disciplines in order to build a product that will delight customers.
Key job responsibilities
* Design and development of low-level software or IoT applications for embedded android/Linux system
* Design and development of software integration between various hardware onboard the SoC (such as between RTOS sub-system and the host OS OR integration of custom FPGA and host OS).
* Design and development of RTOS software for DSP (digital signal processing) applications as well as development of DSP algorithms in direct partnership with our distinguished data scientists.
* Exploration and advancement of custom data compression and transformations for a unique application.
* Design and develop new software for embedded android/Linux devices
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar technical field
* 5+ years of software development engineering experience, with at least one year of experience developing software for RTOS, IoT or other embedded systems.
* 3+ years of experience in design and architecture, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns
* Experience developing Linux applications or native (c++) android applications
* Experience developing embedded operation systems
* Experience developing Linux drivers and other low-level applications.
* Experience developing DSP software in RTOS for IoT applications
* Experience in building/training machine learning models for embedded applications.
* Experience working on consumer electronic products or mobile devices
* Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
* Extensive knowledge of Linux systems
* Python or shell scripting experience
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.