Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Automotive System Architect – EMEA Region
The Automotive Business Segment Team within the Core Vertical Markets Group is responsible for the development and execution of AMD’s Adaptable Technology market leadership strategy for the global automotive industry. This strategy includes silicon roadmap, application-specific solutions (including IP, software and development/demonstration platforms), ecosystem partners, and customer engagement. The group is charged with maintaining and expanding the AMD Automotive adaptive silicon product line, including both inbound product definition and outbound marketing. It is ultimately responsible for managing long-term strategic OEM and Tier One customer relationships and continuing revenue growth and profitability for the company. The Automotive business segment team is made up primarily of automotive OEM, Tier One, and semiconductor industry veterans.
Brief Position Description:
The Automotive System Architect – EMEA will report to and align with the Automotive Solutions & Architectures Director and will also have direct access and interaction with the Automotive Business Segment Senior Director. The Automotive System Architect role focuses on the strategic application of AMD’s world class CPU, GPU, AI, and Programmable Logic technology in the automotive market, specifically in the areas of Advanced Driver Assistance (ADAS)/ Automated Driving, Infotainment, and Driver Information. Responsibilities include development of targeted solutions, creating/maintaining vehicle-based demonstration platforms, customer/project specific architectural analysis/proposals, and engagement with key AMD automotive ecosystem partners. The role includes working closely with AMD sales, automotive marketing, and factory personnel to identify and develop compelling value propositions for our customers that support continued long-term growth of the AMD automotive business, as well as development of key customer relationships where trust drives transparency and opportunity.
Detailed Position Description:
- Provide broad practical automotive technical expertise, in terms of automotive ECU design, HW/SW architectures, and application specific methodologies, to sales teams calling on automotive customers with the objective of driving sales growth.
- Identify and characterize, through technical analysis, specific AMD/Xilinx Programmable Logic and adaptive SoC value propositions that differentiate AMD/Xilinx products from ASSP products in targeted automotive applications. Work with sales and marketing to communicate identified value propositions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic internal/external IP partners applicable to the automotive segment with the objective of guiding partner activity and priorities based on differentiating programmable logic solutions from ASSP approaches and maximizing sales growth.
- Define and develop (leveraging partners and internal resources) targeted solutions (IP, Software, Reference Designs, Targeted Development Platforms, Vehicle-based Testbeds) aligned with relevant market/customer challenges, that enhance the overall value proposition of AMD products and increase product penetration over ASSP, DSP, and SOC alternatives.
- Monitor and/or manage progress at partners where Automotive Solutions funding is used to subsidize development toward automotive customers goals/needs.
- Develop and maintain key technical senior management/executive relationships with strategic automotive customers and OEMs to complement existing or developing sales relationships. Use relationships to determine customer solutions needs and influence customer architectures.
- Work with AMD product planning team to develop, communicate, and justify automotive requirements relevant to future products.
- Collaborate with AMD FAEs and Specialists (e.g. Processor, DSP, Quality, Functional Safety, etc.) to produce specific application and product design solutions for customers.
· BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree (minimum).
- Minimum of 10 years of automotive supplier/OEM and/or automotive semiconductor industry experience
- Delivery of an Automotive Product to an OEM or Tier1 through entire life cycle (Design/Development to Warranty Returns) highly desired
- Technical expertise in the application of advanced semiconductors with a working knowledge of embedded automotive processors/processing systems including SoC architectures
- Knowledge of automotive MPU and MCU suppliers and high level understanding of their primary value propositions
- Experience in competitive benchmarking is a strong plus
- Knowledge of automotive analog suppliers for ethernet, camera sensors, etc.
- Semiconductor device definition and automotive application use case development
- Knowledge of automotive electronics market, trends, and applications and direct experience with Infotainment, Driver Assistance/Automated Driving applications, and/or Motor Control (HW & SW)
- First-hand experience in designing, developing, and or implementing IVI or ADAS/AD systems with an emphasis on system component connectivity and perception (i.e. ML) processing
- High level understanding of key standards and best practices around Safety and Security
- Specific to ADAS/AD, familiarity of SAE AD levels and associated NCAP and NHTSA requirements
- Motor Control knowledge is a strong plus
- Application-level development with on-vehicle implementation is a plus
- Experience with automotive ECU architecture and/or development including:
Defining overall ECU architectures and mapping/partitioning automotive ECU functionality to electronic components
Automotive interfaces knowledge: CAN-FD, Automotive Ethernet, LVDS SerDes, MIPI, PCIe, etc
Familiarity with application of FPGA technology is a plus
- Expertise in Software Development and Automotive Operating Systems
Experience in writing/testing Automotive Embedded Software code
Experience with Linux and/or Android and an Automotive RTOS (e.g. QNX and Greenhills) and automotive hypervisors
AUTOSAR and/or ROS2 knowledge is a strong plus
· Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a highly cross-functional and geographically diverse organization
· Must be a strong team player and very self-motivated, self-starting, individual
· Must be fluent in German and English languages
· Job location in Munich, Germany – will consider other location for the right candidate
- Must be willing to travel domestically with occasional overseas travel
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.