Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded systems engineers
As an Embedded Electronics Engineer in our fast-paced technology manufacturing organisation, you will play a critical role in driving the design and development of our new product embedded control systems and will be key in improving quality, functionality and performance through innovative design.
Working as part of the Design Engineering Group, you will be based in our Rapid Prototyping Unit in Port Glasgow. Working with highly skilled engineers, you will be given the opportunity to develop your skills in a supportive and innovative environment. With a relevant qualification and/or relevant experience you will bring a genuine passion for technology and a robust understanding of embedded electronic systems from a hardware and firmware perspective.
You will be comfortable working in a hands-on capacity and bring a fresh approach to problem solving. You will be responsible for:
- Designing and producing prototypes for manufacturing
- Testing and debugging
- Maintaining new and current embedded electronic control systems
- Identifying new innovations and opportunities to develop future product lines.
With a strong work ethic and the desire to work as part of a close-knit team, you will have excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines. You will also bring:
- A genuine passion for embedded hardware, software and new technologies
- Experience of writing technical reports and specifications
- Robust knowledge of embedded engineering with a focus on the interaction between firmware, hardware and mechanics
- Solid C coding skills with the ability to develop, test and maintain firmware for real time systems.
- FreeRTOS experience would be desirable but not essential.
Ideally you will also have knowledge or experience of the following, however ongoing training and support will be available:
- Analogue and digital electronic design
- PCB design, schematic capture and PCB layout – Altium experience would be an advantage
- Serial interfaces and industrial communication protocols (e.g. SPI, I2C, USB, UART, RS485/RS232, Bluetooth)
- ARM cortex M technology, experience of using STM electronics devices and tools would be an advantage.
At Peak we don’t recruit to fill a vacancy, we target individuals who fit our culture and values. The atmosphere is fun, friendly but with a high degree of professionalism and a non- corporate feel. We respect our colleagues, customers and suppliers and we offer freedom to act, to challenge the status quo but to also take responsibility.
THE COMPANY: Peak Scientific is a global leader in developing innovative gas generation solutions for analytical laboratories in a wide variety of industries including life sciences, biomedical, pharma, petrochemical and environmental. With over 20 years of sustained growth, Peak has firmly established itself as a dominant player in a global market for laboratory gas generation worth over £250m in 2019, with a focus on manufacturing cutting-edge products and directly supporting customers across the world with industry-leading service and maintenance. With over 20 overseas offices across every continent and over 500 staff globally, Peak is one of Scotland’s manufacturing success stories of the past decade.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.