Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
The Firmware Engineer (EV fast charger) reports to the Manager, Software Development DCFC and L2 and is responsible for leading Electrify America’s SW/FW development efforts across multiple hardware platforms and vendors.
The successful candidate will work with product development and other stakeholders on requirements for Electrify America charger products including DCFC and Level 2, coordinate with SW development for the implementation planning and manage the implementation by suppliers and vendors. During this process, the Firmware engineer will conduct code reviews and software FMEAs before the release to test teams to confirm the implementation and compliance with requirements. The candidate will support turning business requirements into executable milestones for our internal and external development teams, in close collaboration with team members responsible for overall system architecture and interfaces.
The role also conducts feature reviews with the goal of aligning the implementation across multiple vendors before release onto customer-facing assets. In addition, the role will work with System architecture to implement System diagnostics for the complete charger Ecosystem including Electrify America backend and charger HW.
The Software Engineer will operate in an AGILE development environment, breaking down large feature deliverables into actionable items for developers.
The candidate will need to be in close alignment with the SW delivery lead, system architect, backend development team, engineering team members and testing team to support test case driven development.
The candidate will also support joint root-cause-analysis of field issues with Electrify Amercas quality engineering team.
– Lead software development efforts across multiple platforms. 65%
- Requirements development & technical alignment between software architecture, development, testing and delivery
- Conduct code reviews & FMEAs with vendors to drive delivery of high-quality code
- Assess level-of-effort vs vendor estimate, increase process transparency and development efficiency, reduce lead times
– Collaborate with Quality and testing team 25%
- Help identify field and lab issues and recommended fixes
- Lead root cause analysis of system logs to identify issues
Additional responsibilities – Validation support 10 % of time
- Support the Validation team in analyzing system behavior and defining test cases
Years of Experience:
- 7 - 10 years, ideally in EV Industry
- Bachelor’s degree, EE, CE or other - required
- Master's degree - deisred
- Computer or Electrical Engineering background or equivalent
- Vendor management
- Programming experience, C,C++, Java Suite or other comparable platforms or languages
- Embedded system development and testing
- Experience conducting Code reviews of third-party software
- Experience in conducting Software FMEAs
- Requirement & Feature development experience
- Experience in AGILE SW development
- Experience with test-driven development processes
- Knowledge of OSI model and its various layers
- Experience with DCFC Charger FW and SW
- OCPP, OCPI experience
- Experience in embedded systems for Power conversion and delivery with HMI displays
- Experience in C-Suite presentation
- Local role in Reston & Herndon, VA with time split between office and charging/vehicle test lab; <10% travel
Electrify America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, color, gender identity/expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.