Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
We are an ambitious software engineering company based in Trowbridge, Wiltshire, where we have been operating for over 20 years. Zircon helps create software that drives the future in a wide range of industries and across embedded, application and enterprise systems. We might be small, but we work with giants!
We pride ourselves on our unique company culture, which is relaxed and supportive as well as professional, with a focus on personal development.
We are currently looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer with an aptitude for problem-solving and the ability to quickly pick up new concepts/technologies, to join our team here at our office in Trowbridge.
Ideal candidates should have:
- Experience in requirements analysis, software design, implementation and testing.
- The ability to lead by example, correctly implementing standards and procedures without guidance, ensuring that other more junior engineers adhere to quality standards and approved working practices.
- Experience of team leading/project management.
- Responsibility for Architecture and Major design decisions.
- Strong technical skills in current and evolving languages and technologies and the ability to pass on knowledge to those working around them.
- Good interpersonal skills and direct customer interaction.
- Work experience in BS EN ISO9001/Safety related in one of the following industries MOD, Aerospace, Defence, or Rail real-time systems.
- The ability to write clear and concise technical reports, specifications and user documentation.
- Object-Oriented Design, UML, XML
- Embedded/Microcontroller development
- Working on a Linux or bare-metal based platform
- Knowledge of Communications Protocols/Internet Technologies (TCP/IP, Network sockets, HTTP, HTML)
- Languages: C, Python, C++ (desirable)
Other Desirable Skills:
- BS EN 50128
- Oracle APEX
- Django, Postgres
- SQL Server
- Android/iOS app development
- Salary depending on experience, which is regularly reviewed.
- Pension Scheme
- Company bonus
- Private Medical
- Private Dental
- Life Insurance
- 25 Days Holiday + three to four days between Christmas and New Years + Bank Holidays
- Remote working with one day in the office
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.