Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
We are looking for a Software/ Firmware Manager to manage the daily operations of the development team. You will provide technical and human leadership to build and maintain a highly productive, focused and engaged Software and Firmware Development team working to deliver the best customer experience for our consumer product line. The role will have overall responsibility for the development, design, implementation, training, and product support to existing products as well as research and technology development for new and upcoming products. The ideal candidate will have technical background in software development, integration & testing, and requirements development and verification for the Cloud, Firmware and Mobile Application platforms. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Responsible for a team of 5-10 software and firmware developers and engineers who develop Ember's products from the ground up. Including firmware design, mobile applications, and cloud development.
- Support management activities such as workload planning, team-member engagement, advising and career development, and identification and training of necessary skills.
- Participate in sourcing, recruiting, onboarding, performance management, and process improvement
- Provide the processes and tools required for current and future projects.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; 3+ years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree;
- Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- A strong software background and leadership experience in Cloud, Mobile Application, and Firmware development for the consumer electronics market with extensive knowledge of the Software development life cycle.
- Previous experience with consumer electronics requirements development, design, integration and test.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective processes, implement process improvements and streamline activities.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- High proficiency in technical problem solving.
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty.
- Leadership role in a similar environment or program.
- Experience with program reviews and business development activities.
Why work at Ember?
Ember is a design-led temperature control brand and technology platform, whose mission is to revolutionize the way people eat, drink and live. Founded by inventor and serial entrepreneur Clay Alexander, Ember creates, designs and develops temperature control products that offer people complete customization.
Named one of TIME magazine’s Best Inventions, the award-winning temperature control Ember Travel Mug² and Ember Mug² are the most advanced coffee mugs on the market, allowing individuals to set and maintain their preferred drinking temperature for hot beverages.
Ember’s temperature control smart mugs are available in over 10,000 retail doors in 27 countries worldwide, including top retailers such as Best Buy, Apple, Williams Sonoma, Bloomingdale’s and Target.
Up next, Ember is applying our innovative temperature control technology to new categories including healthcare and infant care.
What you need to know
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Pension plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid volunteer days
What you really want to know
- Opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects
- Cool swag + your very own Ember mug!
- Team discounts on Ember products