Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Ariz., San Jose and San Diego, Calif., Wilton, Conn., and Hillsboro, Ore.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will work on developing and maintaining control system software for our DUV line of lasers. You would work with Systems and Algorithms engineers to collect and refine requirements for the project you are working on.Using those requirements, you will formulate designs, implement those designs, and then unit test them.You would then work with our SQA team to verify those implementations so they can be released to the field.
Role and responsibilities
- Collect and refine software requirements, and document those requirements in our Requirements Management tool.
- Create detailed design documentation that describes implementations that address previously collected requirements.
- Develop formal unit test plans to verify implemented functionality.
- Code previously created designs, execute unit tests, document the results of those tests.
- Integrate new code into the existing code base.
- Work with SQA to ensure proper verification coverage.
- Investigate defects in existing software, propose solutions to resolve those defects.
- Create release documentation, including release notes and upgrade procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- Job description subject to change at any time.
Education and experience
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 3 – 5 years commercial experience developing and supporting embedded software for control of electro-mechanical systems.
- Highly skilled with C++
- Experience with Object Oriented Design
- Experience with one or more commercial real time operating systems
- Knowledge of software engineering processes, including Software configuration management and the ability to read and create appropriate project documentation.
- Knowledge of real time operating systems, control system theory, embedded software design, real time system interactions in an embedded environment
- Knowledge of microcontroller architectures and principles of operation.
- Knowledge and ability to work with oscilloscopes, and signal generators
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong English communication skills – both written and oral.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Ability to use Microsoft office products Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.