Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Are you seeking a role with a Climate Tech industry leader that you can be excited and proud of as part of the clean energy transition??
Stem provides solutions that address the challenges of today’s dynamic energy market. By combining advanced energy storage solutions with Athena™, a world-class artificial intelligence (AI)-powered analytics platform, Stem enables customers and partners to optimize energy use by automatically switching between battery power, onsite generation and grid power. Stem’s solutions help enterprise customers benefit from a clean, adaptive energy infrastructure and achieve a wide variety of goals, including expense reduction, resilience, sustainability, environmental and corporate responsibility and innovation. Stem also offers full support for solar partners interested in adding storage to standalone, community or commercial solar projects – both behind and in front of the meter.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
About the team
The Edge Software team is responsible for the development of application and platform software for Stem’s embedded products.
What we are looking for
The Engineer is a self-motivated individual that is comfortable working independently but can also operate in teams that follow the Agile methodology. The individual is expected to demonstrate high quality designs and deliverables within the team and be an active participant in team discussions and collaboration with Product Management, QA & other stakeholders to deliver successful products to market.
- Development of software applications (C++/Python) for embedded hardware devices on Stem’s Edge (IoT) Platform
- Development of and integration with Linux O/S
- Programming and testing of software interfaces to monitor and control energy storage systems, electrical metering and other on-site energy generation equipment
- Creation of and/or collaboration on architectural and technical designs based on product requirements
- Providing technical assistance for troubleshooting devices and applications in QA and Production environments
- Working individually and collaborating within an Agile software development environment
- BS in CS/CEN/EE or higher (preferred)
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Hands-on software development within a Linux environment
- Experience with a combination of the following programming languages; C/C++, Python, or other object-oriented programming language
- Professional interest in energy and clean technologies
We don’t expect you tick the box for every item, but we like these too:
- Experience with distributed message brokers (i.e. RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, MQTT)
- Experience with industrial/commercial communications protocols such as Modbus, BACNet, CANBus, etc.
- Experience developing and utilization of Docker containers
- Experience writing APIs or RESTful endpoints
- Experience with control systems engineering
- Experience in designing and implementing microservices
US or Canada
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation along with your executed offer of employment.
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.