Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
SPX Radiodetection is a world leader in the design and development of test equipment, used by utility companies, to help install, protect and maintain their infrastructure networks. With a truly global presence and a team of dedicated experts, we are at the forefront of detection technology.
We pride ourselves in our family friendly policies. We want to promote a healthy work-life balance as much as possible, so we have introduced a homeworking policy which allows for a combination of home and office based working. In this you position you would be able to on a remote basis with occasional visits to site in Bristol, all with flexible start and finish times.
As a permanent employee of you will have access to a range of benefits alongside your salary. You will get 25 days paid holiday outside of the bank holidays and the ability to buy a further 3 days, a pension scheme with employer contributions, options for private medical cover for you and your family, life assurance policy of 3 times your annual salary, cycle to work scheme, free parking and an annual bonus.
About the Embedded Software Engineer:
You will be part of Radiodetection's multidisciplinary engineering team, and undertake design, development and maintenance of software for our range of locator products.
The role requires excellent skills in C/C++ for embedded firmware development in real-time, DSP orientated hardware platforms. The role also requires skills and experience of application development for embedded Linux.
The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of bare machine microcontroller-based software, and understand its interaction with the hardware.
Responsibilities of The Embedded Software Engineer
- Demonstrable experience in embedded firmware design.
- DSP/Micro based platform bring-up, configuration, development and debugging
- Experience of complete life cycle from specification, prototyping and testing, through to production and support.
- Investigation of firmware issues found in testing, production, or discovered in the field.
- Working closely with hardware and test teams, during requirements and design phases, and to resolve integration problems.
- Effort estimation, identifying technical risks and mitigations
- Contribute to research and project proposals for innovative locator products
- Participation in technical peer reviews.
Requirements Of The Embedded Software Engineer
- C/C++ development for embedded DSPs and micros e.g. TMS320, MSP43x.
- Programming with real-time constraints, within an OS or bare-metal.
- Device driver and peripheral code development and debugging, including using low level registers.
- Experience of wireless protocols and device driver development, especially Bluetooth/Low Energy.
- Experience of wired data communications and device driver development, especially USB.
- Experience of version control/tracking tools e.g. Git, JIRA.
- General device interfacing e.g. via UART, I2C, SPI.
- Memories and their interfacing e.g. NOR/NAND Flash, eMMC, SD, EEPROM.
- Experience of embedded design tools e.g. Code Composer Studio, Visual Studio.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.