Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- You will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
Your mission would be to bring the internal onboard control systems such as the main computer, engine control unit and telemetry unit to life by providing low to mid-level real-time software. You would be working on low level drivers and functionalities to mid-level software such as state machines, data conversions and configuration management. You will play a critical role in ensuring the code quality is held at high standards for our safety critical software.
More specifically, you will:
- Contribute within the development of safety critical embedded real time software for various rocket systems
- Be responsible for software coding and debugging in C/C++
- Perform DevOps in Python
- Be responsible for software integration and analysis
- Be responsible for specification / tracing of software requirements
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- BSc’s/MSc degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or similar
- Experience in C/C++
- Proficient experience in Embedded Systems
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English
- Experience with Git, CI (Continuous Integration)
- Experience with Python
- Good understanding of electronics
- Experience with Linux development
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE SELECTION PROCESS:
If your profile matches our needs, you will be contacted in a few weeks by our Talent team for a first HR video-interview. A technical assignment might be sent to you in order to assess your knowledge on the topics required for the job. In case of positive outcome, you will then attend 1-2 technical interview(s) with your potential future colleagues.
Want to find more about us?
Note: Due to high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.