Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
The Principal Embedded Software Engineer will be an integral part of the Electro Optical Infrared System (EOIS) Software Development Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading technical activities and completion of these activities on time and budget, develop software tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools, determine hardware compatibility, complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance, and interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering technical field with a minimum of 8+ years of experience Mastery of technologies and domain knowledge
• Expected to have knowledge and significant experience in multiple engineering disciplines
• 5+ years of embedded software design experience and real-time processing architectures
• Demonstrate experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), and have experience in bare-metal implementation for embedded system
• Experience developing in C, C++ and C#
• 2+ years of experience in software requirements derivation and evaluation.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel
• Motivated, self-starter individual
• Experience with embedded device drivers (TCP/IP, UART, I2C, PCIe, etc.)
• Experience in initial hardware start-up and troubleshooting techniques
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Capable of integrating hardware and software and developing test plans and procedures
• Experience in requirements analysis and allocations using DOORs or other tools
• Experience with VxWorks Operating System or other real-time embedded OS
• Experience with TI RTOS and Arm based processors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget
• Designs, develops, analyzes, documents and supports testing of products, systems or subsystems
• May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments
• Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers. Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
• Ability to work independently under supervision of others
• Provides regular reporting of progress and status
• Responsible for completion of assigned task on time and meeting technical requirements
• Reviews customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
• Supports the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
• Develops prototypes to retire key development risks as directed
• Communicates clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
• Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress
• Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
• Other duties as assigned
• Normal. Needs to be able to utilize a laptop in a lab environment. (able to read laptop sized screens)
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families, and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, Leonardo DRS is taking action to address the risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace. We require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated, unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by Leonardo DRS prior to commencing employment.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #EOIS
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.