Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity is looking for a talented software engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. As a member of the Integrated Software team, you will help build low-level software that is responsible for the reliable control of the actuation and sensor systems of the world’s first 3D-printed rocket.
Our mission is to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will help push us towards this goal by contributing in many areas. The core responsibility will be software and firmware that runs on our custom designed Avionics. This will include board bring-up and application development for power, battery, navigation, and general controller subsystems.
What you’ll do:
You have experience bringing up new, custom embedded computer designs, from bootloaders to operating systems and device drivers. At Relativity, the software you develop will be a core piece of a software system that controls the entire vehicle operation and is mission critical. Therefore, you should have a strong foundation of what it means to develop highly reliable software, following best practices around code quality and testing.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related technical field and 3+ years relevant experience in software development.
- Experience developing software drivers to interface with peripherals across a complex system.
- Experience with verification and validation of safety and mission critical software.
- Experience developing high reliability software.
- Experience with software development processes including source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Expert in C/C++
- Experience with continuous integration.
Nice to haves but not required – if you do not meet all of these criteria, you should still apply:
- Master’s in Computer Science or related technical field and 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Prior work on a launch vehicle.
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment.
- Experience with modern systems architecture.
- Experience working on multiple classes of drivers e.g., bus, block, wireless.
- Experience with low-latency, high bandwidth, streaming hardware devices, e.g. video cameras, graphics cards, etc.
- Experience with ARM platforms.
- Experience in Python.
We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.