Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Woven Planet is building mobility for a safer, happier and sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people from cars to smart cities.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy and elevate well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
Why Woven Planet?
People (Work with the best and brightest people and pioneers in mobility)
Unique culture (Silicon Valley innovation meets Japanese design sensibilities and quality craftsmanship)
Toyota (Scale, distribution, integrated, well-funded, invested)
Independent (Operate under our own governance and Board of Directors)
Global Startup (Building the full stack needed for software-first mobility)
Benefits/Perks (Competitive salary and benefits, programs and services designed for employee well-being)
About the Org
Arene is Woven Planet's flagship platform to enable programmable mobility. The Arene Platform is being developed to accelerate the creation of value towards a future where 'mobility' replaces 'transportation’ and is the basis for the next-generation vehicles. Its development-to-deployment process is revolutionary in its simplicity and efficiency. Getting safe software solutions from concept to market has never been easier, faster, or more accessible.
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated systems engineer responsible for managing architecture across vehicle software, vehicle communication (V2X), IoT gateways, cellular providers, various Toyota systems and data platforms. You will interact with other systems engineers responsible for various vehicle ECUs, Toyota’s network components, and work with engineers to define integration of the application functions within available resource constraints. Your cross functional domain areas include embedded systems running on vehicles, security, authentication, authorization, network architecture and data processing platforms. Your responsibilities include managing requirements, identifying gaps, ensuring coverage & software quality and providing end to end solution architecture for ECUs.
- Capture, partition and decompose system level requirements to sub-system and component levels ensuring full traceability.
- Define system’s key capabilities, performance requirements, and design and technology maturity constraints in accordance with customer specifications
- Define, develop, and manage system interface definitions and implementation approach
- Perform technical planning, analysis, system integration, verification and validation to ensure that system performance meets customer requirements.
- Investigate and resolve system anomalies and technical gaps.
- Work with other Toyota groups to understand their components’ functional capabilities, limitations and interface touchpoints and devise integration strategy.
- 5+ years of experience working in embedded systems
- Extensive knowledge of requirements management and analysis tools. Proficiency in SysML or another system modeling language. Proficiency in embedded system architecture design.
- Significant experience in a Systems Engineering role developing complex systems across the product lifecycle
- Proficiency in embedded to cloud end-to-end network architecture, including network and embedded platform related security, certificate management, authentication, authorization, embedded networking and architecture.
- Knowledge of vehicle based networking and communications protocols (including CANbus, automotive ethernet, SOME/IP). Familiarity with signal data collection and signal organization (such as signal ontologies) and data delivery protocols such as MQTT & HTTP/2.
- In-depth understanding of continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, real time operating systems, safety critical software in performance constraint environments.
- Understanding of safety critical systems and automotive safety & compliance standards such as ISO 26262 & ASIL
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Jama, Enterprise Architect, etc
- Understanding of Automotive software standards such as Adaptive AUTOSAR.
- Familiarity with Data Privacy standards such as GDPR, CCPA etc and regulatory compliance associated with the automotive industry.
- Good understanding of distributed systems.
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms:
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.