Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
The ECU and Middleware Team builds software solutions to operate the virtual driver on multiple embedded devices. A key element is a powerful middleware, which efficiently distributes data between software modules on multiple processors within distributed devices. The area you may be involved in is the configuration of an AUTOSAR Classic stack on an automotive multi core processor, the porting of the safety critical part of the virtual driver to AUTOSAR Classic on application level, as well as the design of an interface to other Data Distribution Service based middleware solutions.
What you'll do:
You will support the transition of the currently used open-source software Robot Operating System (ROS) to automotive grade middleware standards. You will focus on the transition of the safety critical part, such as motion control, to the safety controller of the ECU, which requires the usage of AUTOSAR Classic. Development of application software as well as the integration of existing AUTOSAR Classic stacks on the safety controller.
- Creation of the Software Architecture using modeling tools such as PreVision or a similar tool
- Deriving Code Templates from Architecture using tools such as DaVinci or something similar
- Integration and configuration of the AUTOSAR stack on the Functional safety Island and the Aurix Safety Microcontroller
- Configuring of AUTOSAR Classic
- Steering of the Supplier who is doing the integration for the serial product
- Support in porting of existing ROS applications to embedded C
- Implementation of ported ROS application into the AUTOSAR classic stack
- Development of integration concept into the CI/CD system
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Automotive or related Engineering field
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Excellent experience in configuration of AUTOSAR Classic Stacks
- Excellent C++ and Embedded C Coding Skills
- Experience with automotive embedded Controllers such as Infineon Aurix
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to build trust and strong working relationships, effectively create and proofread documents and reports, and communicate to a diverse workforce
- Keen attention to detail to identify problems and processes that don’t comply with protocol
- Critical/logical thinking to identify problems and provide solutions to ensure efficiency, safety, and quality
- Excellent business insight and judgment, team orientation and collaborative style
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate resources, prioritize effectively, and maintain competing demands simultaneously with frequent interruptions and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to ethically handle sensitive and confidential information with impartiality and professionalism
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.