Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded systems engineers
ABOUT THE POSITION: We are looking to add a seasoned Firmware Engineer to our Software Engineering team!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE: Our ideal candidate will start off with either a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering (with C/C++ specialization and applicable embedded hardware experience.) Ideally, our candidate will have 5 years minimum experience in designing embedded firmware. Additionally, they will have experience designing with a variety of microcontrollers and development environments (ARM, MSP430, PIC) and peripherals (flash, ADC, DAC, SPI, I2C, UART, PWM, USB.) Experience with CAN/LIN bus is a plus, as is experience working with vehicular electronics, RTOS, and DC-DC switching power supply design 0W-200W.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will EXLORE, INNOVATE AND PERFORM:
- By completing embedded firmware designs through the full SDLC cycle
- By creating necessary firmware project documentation (requirements, risk assessments, design documents)
- By establishing and executing test plans and unit testing
- By participating in peer review of firmware designs and source code
- By working closely with Electrical Engineers in resolving software, hardware, and system issues
- By estimating and quoting new projects (time, assumptions, feasibility, risks)
- By supporting existing New Product Development products; both enhancements and issue resolution)
- By supporting manufacturing production as needed
- By creating and maintaining firmware standards and processes
- By understanding regulatory specifications for all JW Speaker markets (SAE, ECE, UL, etc..)
Additionally, the following experience is preferred:
- Ability to design, code and debug in: C, C++, C# and Python
- Understanding of analog and digital hardware
- Experience with DC-DC switching power supply designs: Buck, Boost, Buck-Boost, Sepic and Flyback topologies for LED driving applications
- Working knowledge of various firmware and software development environments: IAR, Eclipse, MPLAB, Visual Studio
- Experience in hand-soldering surface mount components
- Experience working with versioning software for revision control, and bootloaders
We offer competitive wages and the following great benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short term & Long-term disability insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Paid time off, including Vacation, Sick & Personal Time, and 11 paid Holidays
- Generous Profit-Sharing Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development and Growth opportunities
- Casual work environment for all associates
- State-of-the-Art, temperature-controlled environment
- And many more!
Bachelors or better in Computer Engineering.
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
Bachelors or better in Electronics Engineering Technology or related field.
5 years: Designing, coding, and debugging embedded firmware
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.