Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
About Mendaera, Inc.
Mendaera is an early-stage company focused on developing technology to enable all healthcare providers to perform precise and consistent point-of-care intervention. We aim to eliminate barriers in the patient journey, accelerate recovery, delight customers, and reduce cost of care.
About the Opportunity
Mendaera is looking for a Firmware Engineer to design, develop, and implement hardware and software to automate surgical interventions based on real-time multimodal imaging and sensor information.
The Firmware Engineer will work with Mendaera’s co-founders to shape the Company’s solution definition and execute robot development. The position reports to Mendaera’s Chief Technology Officer, and will collaborate closely with our product management and engineering teams.
We are looking for candidates who: thrive in fast-paced environments; embrace ambiguity; can create frameworks and work-product from scratch; are able to level between micro and macro analysis; possess critical and system thinking ability; are detail oriented.
Firmware Engineer responsibilities include:
- Developing Bare-Metal Firmware on MCU
- Programming MCUs with MICROCHIP, NXP or equivalent platform
- Setting up electronic devices including EEPROM and bootloaders
- Experience with comms protocols like SPI, I2C, UART and other GPIO
- C programming (C++ is a bonus)
- Familiarity with brushless motor control and drive electronics
- Working with product and safety teams to run DFMEA to ensure robust and safe products
Desired skills and experience:
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and independent
- Excellent technical and analytical capability
- Advanced technical degree and ≥5 years industry experience
- High level of emotional intelligence and ability to build and manage diverse relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Versatility and ability to operate in a small-team environment
- Working knowledge with robotics or ROS is a plus
- PCB layout is a plus
- Experience with robotics including kinematics and motion estimation is also a plus